Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
$329
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Breakfast included
$221
$194
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
$242
$234
Agoda.com
16,026 results
All reviewsrainbow towerali towersuper pooltropics bartapa poolprivate poolpronto picklehilton hawaiian villageround table pizzaabc storeparadise poolwaikiki beachocean viewfireworks showdiamond headfriday night fireworkslots of shops
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay. Liked the beach ( much bigger than the beach in front of Outrigger Beach) and the lagoon. Plenty of shops and places to eat nearby. Rainbow Tower rooms were a nice size for 4, plus our room overlooked Diamond Head and we could see the Friday fireworks from our room. The lagoon was a great place to learn how to stand up paddle board.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank twokidstwocats
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort for three nights during a recent trip to Hawaii with my wife. We had a beautiful corner room on the 29th floor, near the top of the Rainbow tower, where we had breathtaking views of Waikiki Beach.
The hotel was very clean and well-decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were groundskeepers constantly working on the landscaping of this immense property. There are four elevators to quickly get to the rooms. We had a large corner room, with lots of space, a small refrigerator, flat-screen cable TV, and two balconies that overlooked the beach, one that faced Diamond Head, and one that faced the ocean.
The area near the hotel is very nice and you can find a variety of restaurants if you walk a few minutes from the hotel. When we ate on the property, we ignored the Hilton’s pricey buffet restaurant and instead ate at the Pronto Pickle cafe. We also went several times to the Tropics Bar & Grill, which sits right next to the beach. The Tropics bar has a great live local band, the Piranha Brothers.
There are two ABC convenience stores located within the Hilton Hawaiian Village property, which we frequently used to buy coffee, food and other supplies.
We spent time at both the beach and the pool. When we spent a day on the sandy beach, we rented an umbrella and chairs, which was pricey but worth it. There were three swimming pools just near our tower, and several more on the property. The water in the main pool was surprisingly cold, considering it was July. Of course, it was tough to find a chair if you came down after 9 AM. There are no umbrellas at the pool, so if you want shade, you have to look for chairs under a tree.
On Friday nights, the hotel has an awesome free fireworks display that attracts lots of people from the hotel and local area. The fireworks are launched near the Rainbow tower just after dusk, but you can see the display from anywhere nearby.
The hotel does offer free Wi-Fi, but we found that it worked only if you were in the building.
I booked through Pleasant Holidays via a travel agent since this was a combination air/hotel/cruise trip that included transfers to the airport, and I was happy with the rate I paid for the hotel.
Overall, I was very happy with the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. I would consider staying there again if I returned to Honolulu.

Room Tip: There are four towers on the property, the Rainbow tower has the best views, but is also more expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcus85204
Reviewed August 9, 2014

While my husband attended his conference I enjoyed a relaxing few days at this mega resort. We were in the Rainbow tower- 7th floor facing the lagoon. I especially enjoyed the view and afternoon sun on the balcony. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. The resort is crowded and perfect for people watching. Waiting for elevators in the afternoon when loads of people are returning from the beach might be annoying but everyone seemed relaxed and patient. I enjoyed poking around the resort shops. The grounds are gorgeous and the breezes refreshing. It was fun seeing families having fun at the pools but the pools were swarming and noisy. The Lagoon looked like lots of fun. Food is expensive, a simple hot dog was 9.95 a turkey sandwich 15.95. Our favorite food at the resort was a scoop of macadamia nut ice cream from Lepperts ice cream store. Heavenly. I've seen several reviews compare this resort to a Las Vegas resort and that was a bit scary since I'm not a big fan of LV. While big and densely populated this resort does not feel like Las Vegas. The tropical magic is definitely in play here!

Room Tip: Rainbow Tower or Alli Tower. The others won't have a view. I'm not sure but the lagoon side might be less noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank D L
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have just rung the reservations line to make a reservation for January 2015 and was advised the hotel does not have inter-connecting rooms, it was not that there was not any available the hotel just does not have them, which seems very odd. I was trying to book a 1bedroom suite with another room standard room in the Ali' Tower, I then asked what the options for inter-connecting rooms were and was advised inter-connecting rooms were not really available. I would appreciate feedback on if it is possible to get inter-connecting rooms, I have never stayed in a hotel that does not provide this, the reservation person did say Hawaii is unusual !! Without inter-connecting rooms I am struggling to understand how families stay in the hotel. Thank you

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Kiwil1971
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Aloha Kiwil1971,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We sincerely apologize for the misinformation regarding the connecting rooms. HHV does have rooms that are connecting; however, there is a charge to guarantee the connecting rooms. Please contact our in-house reservation, which is open Monday thru Friday from 7am to 5pm Hawaii time for more detailed information on the availability of rooms. We hope you choose to stay at HHV and look forward to welcoming you to our resort.

Mahalo,

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We checking in late in the evening and I'm so glad we did. Check it went smoothly for us. The next afternoon the check in counters were clogged with people and the whole area was covered in baggage and the driveway crammed with cars. This was pretty typical of this resort. They have managed to squeeze in as many units as possible onto the property making it one of the busiest places on an already busy island. We typically had waits in a crowded lobby (Rainbow tower) every afternoon.
The room was nothing special (Rainbow tower). We paid for an ocean view room and we ended up floor 7 on the lagoon side. We could see the ocean, but mostly we looked over to the other tower, the great lawn and the lagoon. You'll want to be higher up and "ocean front."
The grounds are beautiful and there is a lot to do here. You'll share the pools with lots of your friends so get there early to stake out a lounge chair for the day.
Fireworks on Friday was fun, but short and not overly impressive.
Overall, for the money, this place isn't really worth the hassle. We had more fun in Ko Olina.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason W

Aloha Jason w,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and providing us with feedback. We are glad to hear that your check in went smoothly and you enjoyed our ground features and our many activities that we offer. I assure you that we are consistently striving for improvement in accommodating all our valued guests in the plentiful assortment of pools and areas of our resort. Our hotel is committed to providing great memories for all our guests and regret to hear when our guest’s expectations are not met in any way. We have shared your feedback with our management teams and do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Mahalo,