Spent 2 nights in the Rainbow Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki with my husband and two young children (3 and 5). The room was on the 4th floor (403) and had a beautiful view of the ocean and beach. It was in a great location, had 2 double beds, was clean, had nice furnishings, good size bathroom and balcony. There was coffee and tea in the room but no bottled water was provided. We had front row balcony seats for the Friday night fireworks at 7:45pm but you can also sit on the beach to view the show with the hundreds of people that gather there every Friday night. (Note: next reviews will be of the Grand Waikikian rooms we moved to later in the week)
The Hilton Village has several great pools, Tapa Pool being the best for young ones and Paradise Pools has the water slides. The Ali'i Tower has a rooftop pool and hot tub geared for adults. There is also a lagoon for paddle boarding.There are free DVD rentals for all guests from kiosks in the lobby.
The restaurants are pricey. We ate lunch at Tropics Bar and Grill - average food but always busy. Pizza from Round Table was tasty but as with all restaurants, it was costly. Use your Experience Card (given at check in or in your room) to get some discounts (10% off Dairy Queen, free twisty bread iwth pizza order at Round Table, etc) There are so many restaurants in the village but my dining reviews will be of venues off the resort. There are a couple ABC Stores on site and nearby for food, drinks, etc.
As our flight landed late evening, we cabbed it to the hotel and paid just under $40 for the fare. Average nightly cost after tax was $350
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu