We stayed 2 nights in the Rainbow Tower before moving on to Kauai. My husband is a Hilton Honors member and we had a high floor corner unit. The views at night of the ocean, beach lagoon and yacht club were incredible. I would highly recommend staying in a high room at a hotel in Honolulu to get these pictures then move on to a less busy island. Honolulu is shopping, shopping, shopping. The beach is not so great, the sand is narrow and you have to walk on other hotel grounds, on the way to Diamond Head if you want to go on long beach walks. The Hilton is a resort like you would see in Disney or Las Vegas. Everything you would need or want combined in one hotel grounds. Shopping - check (even Louis Vuitton), dining - check, entertainment - check, pools - check, beach lagoon pool - check. The drawback is that there are so many families with children, and too many guests -- like you would see on a large cruise. It is that big. But you have great views and lots to do and you will never get bored. My highlight was the elevators. You push your room and floor on a key pad, and the right elevator (A,B,C, D, etc.) lights up so you know where to stand in front of the correct elevator. Takes the guess work out. Very ingenious. I also loved the koi ponds. The fish are healthy and large and friendly -- very beautiful. You can learn how to paddle board in the lagoon which would be fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu