“A Great Place for a Honeymoon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Alexandria, Virginia
“A Great Place for a Honeymoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for our ten day honeymoon and were very happy with our choice. Our room was in the Ka Lia Tower with a room looking towards the beach. For us, having the ability to leave our things / valuables in the safe and walk to the beach, pool, or bars and restaurants was invaluable. Because the resort is so large, we were able to experience many activities only steps from our room. One night we attended the Starlight Luau which was nice for my husband who had never attended a luau before and we spent a day on the Waikiki Ocean Club which picks up from the Hilton's dock (this is a definite recommendation if you like things like water slides and dive platforms into about 20 feet of water). The only real negative is that it is almost impossible to get a lounge chair, never mind two, at any of the resort's pools. It seems like people get up before dawn, lay out their towels and bags and claim their chairs long before they actually plan to us them. Luckily, the Pacific is about 20 yards away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this place. This was my first 'real' vacation since I was last in Oahu eight years ago, and was a balm to my soul.

The Speed-i-Shuttle offered a round-trip to/from the hotel for $27 when paid in advance at the airport. I had to wait about 45 min for a seat; but the wait wasn't tedious.

I stayed on this very same property then. Again, the staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and properly appointed, and the atmosphere was divine. My room was ocean view in the Rainbow Tower and I loved it! The weather was perfect - about 80 F and sunny. There are many shops within walking distance on the property, as well as off the resort. Round Table Pizza is good and super fresh. Fresco Italian has a pretty awesome Pescatori that comes in red or white sauce. The juice bar /kiosk - Lanikai - fits the bill for getting your daily dose. Also, Dairy Queen offers a host of beach-y frozen delights. The ABC Store has a good variety of beverages, bottled drinks (water, soda, milk, juice), snacks, salads, souvenirs, and other sundries. If you plan to attend a timeshare presentation, wait until you get your Hilton Bucks before shopping for souvenirs.

A nice place for breakfast is the Wailana Coffee House on the corner of Ala Moana Blvd, which is only a short walk from the hotel. They also have an excellent little salad bar for lunch/dinner.

I loved this trip and look forward to returning again. It was a pretty fabulous time.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank 312Wanda
West Valley City, Utah, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

my parents own a timeshare with hilton so i am unaware of the cost. we stayed at the lagoon tower. we had a 2 room suite, the 2nd room only has dbl beds not queens so for adults they are small especially a couple, not sure why no queens or a king. the room was nice and the people were friendly. the hotel was beautiful and right on the beach. this is not a quiet place with the luau 5 nights a week and the other stuff going on even on the 20th floor it was noisy till close to 11:00 at night. we did have a great time though

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SteveE304
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

So this review is a little late because I was simply too annoyed to write it right after I left back in Oct 13. However, I'll be back on island for business next month (as I been doing for the past 6 yrs), and I can say without a doubt that I will NOT be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village this time around. Since I stay for 30 plus days at a time, it is extremely important I find a place where I am well taken care of, and where I can relax after a long work day. First let me give kudos to the check-in staff & housekeeping for their great customer service--only areas that have remained consistent for the past 6 years or so. Now maybe me being a Hilton's Diamond Member had something to do with it but I'm not sure. OK now the bad, pool service is non-existent and by far the worst I've ever encountered at any Hilton property. There is no food available at the pool unless you go and get it yourself from the bar/restaurant; if you're lucky to get the attention of the one and only (cranky) waitress at either pool (super-pool & Tapa pool) be prepared to wait a very long time for your drink, and forget about her coming back if you want a second. Now I mentioned I stay for 30+ days; therefore, is it really necessary to call me every week or so to go settle my bill? The hotel already has my credit card so I really don't see why I have to go to the front desk every time--charge it already! The quality of the food has gone down quite a bit too but the prices have gone up. Now I don't care about the price as long as the food is good…sadly that's not the case here, so I simply ate outside of the resort. I also forgot to mention that the staff no longer police the pools, in other words good luck finding a lounger; guests "claim" them by placing a towel and then leaving to play around on the beach for hours at the time. After a few days I got into the habit of removing the towels, and not once did anyone come back (actually, the towel guy and security guy both told me to go for it--though wouldn't do it themselves). Also the hotel has a Resort Fee added to the bill, I think it was $20 or so; again, I wouldn't mind paying it if the service was there…unfortunately it is not (not even room service), so next month I'm going to take my chances at the Embassy Suites or will give Hilton on Kuhio another shot. One last thing, as a Hilton Grand Vacations owner, I'm also going to skip staying at either one of the towers…sadly I felt like a walking dollar sign way too often during my last visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan S
Magna, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

An amazingly beautiful hotel! Very modern-customer service was on point. Close to everything! Its not right on waikiki strip, a block away but perfect location. You don't have the busy traffic of tourists while your coming in and out of the hotel but close enough to experience waikiki strip and beach. My husband and I will be returning sooner than later♥

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sipa R
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at he HHV from January 8-12. Let me give the positives first: The resort is large and offers allot of amenities. There are several pools and the grounds are very well kept. I loved the beach area and the fact that everything is in walking distance. There are some beautiful parks and the scenery is fabulous. You can see Diamond Head from the beach. There are many shops and restaurants in the village and I can see how this is very convenient for families. However, Our room was average and in need of some upgrade/remodeling. We stayed in the TAPA tower. The food (most of what we had) was overpriced and just mediocre. Want a beach chair? This is a resort right? Be ready to fork out $62.00 per day for two chairs and a beach umbrella EVERY DAY. Want a pool chair? Get there early and "claim" your spot if you want to sit there and avoid the beach fees. The shops are very high end ($350 capris? Really?) We did our shopping at the ABC store and purchased water/creamer, etc. for a much discounted price. If you are looking for quiet...this isn't the place. While we enjoyed our stay (well I did, the hubs was working) we wouldn't go back for a lengthy vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a remodeled tower. Do some shopping at the local market to save some $$$.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank TMW3000
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family. Steven and Keith the bartenders in Tropics was phenomenal. Room was clean and was a great view. Huge property and lots to do with family. It was very expensive to stay for ten days, so save up for the trip, but did I get value for the price, yes!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dannyloco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
Hilton Waikiki Beach
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,546 reviews

Been to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!