This is a family resort. The Hilton chain is a highly refined money generating machine. If you have the money they will provide you paradise. If on a budget, you will get a nice clean and simple room. It will be in the nosebleed section of their property, but it will be clean and have all the basics. That being said, in Hawaii even the basic rooms are almost twice what you would pay for on the continent.
My room is in the Kalia Tower. The property has 8 or so towers and a large convention centre. The ocean view from this tower consists of 50% ocean and 50% high rise towers (see pictures).
Like all tourist destinations these days you have to pay a resort fee. In the literature it says what the fee covers ie high speed internet, a play station 3, local calling... etc. The internet was not free. This is always a big issue for me because data is not a physical quantity. You cannot consume it so that it must be replenished thereby internet is the perfect amenity to offer gratis. And yet they want 20 dollars for every 24 hours. This is always the best indicator of a money grabbing machine to me. From other reviews of this resort I can only conclude that they will bleed my wallet dry if I choose to use all the "amenities" available ie a beach towel, or an umbrella.
To sum up I had a great sleep in a king size bed. Thank you Hilton but I am glad I am staying only one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu