“Staff was tremendous!”

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to the Hilton Hawaiian Village for a conference, which was held in the adjoining conference rooms in the Kalia Tower. Unfortunately, I had an accident 2 days before my trip, so I was on crutches (ouch!) The staff offered to take me where ever I needed to go by wheelchair, and they moved me to a room in the Kalia Tower, so I had to walk less. They were so friendly and accommodating. Due to the long hours of the conference, I mainly ate at the Starbucks and ABC stores, where the variety was good & the prices reasonable (for Hawaii).
There is a lot of construction going on--blocking some of the walkways, but the construction workers were courteous & helpful when I needed to go through the areas.
The rooms were clean (very important to me!) and adequately sized for 2--it would have been too small for 4 people with luggage.

Room Tip: Kalia Tower & the Tapa Tower are better than the Diamond Head Tower!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin V
Write a ReviewReviews (15,649)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

the reception/check-in area is overly crowded with adults/children and their luggage; the lines are long waiting to check-in. from the time we arrived to the time that we left, the "white noise" never ceased! even on the 12th floor the music and base drum went long into the evening for weary travelers. room service dinner was an abomination... cafeteria food served on paper and plastic ware. the smell of it was nauseating and i couldn't do anything other than tie up the bag and set it outside the door in the hallway! and this is the hilton??? for $500 to $800+ a night, i must say we expected a little (lot!) better!!! their restaurant food was, at best, mediocre. the employees smiled with their lips (never reaching their eyes) and we had the impression that they couldn't wait to get out of there either!
after 2 glorious weeks on the big island, our last night in the islands at the hilton was a major disappointment!!!

Room Tip: if you enjoy "downtown disney", lots of people and lots of noise and bad food, then this i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank teddythompson
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Aloha teddythompson,

Mahalo for choosing the Hilton Hawaiian Village! Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing stay you have experienced at our resort. There are many additions we have recently made to our offerings to enhance our guest stay and increase convenience for our guests. We are sorry that we failed to achieve these goals with you and exceed your expectations for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your patience during the registration process and are happy to announce there are additional check-in options available to our valued guests. Thank you for your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and offerings. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back for a more pleasant stay.

Mahalo,
Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, right on the water and very well taken care of. The staff was friendly and the rooms were spotless. It is Hawaii, so most things are a little higher than in other resorts of equal value.

Room Tip: Even though you could see the ocean from where we were, ask of you can be on the ocean side of the p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Rainbow Tower. Everything worked as I expected. Room was clean, breathtaking Diamond Head view from the balcony, the front desk staff was not much friendly, very busy and expensive resort. Lots of restaurants and stores on site.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kimurapilot
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Was in a great location, staff were friendly and the premises is well kept. Happy hours are good, however, the food is quite expensive and room service was terrible.

It's a very busy hotel with families and would be great as you would rarely have to leave the resort if you didn't want to,

Speedys Shuttle was fantastic.

Definitely would go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank atko81
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok... Here's the scoop. I paid $400 a night for a one-bedroom suite and I wasn't about to pay a fortune for an early dinner snack. Check this out... Head to the pool at the Grand Waikikian and there's a snack bar called the Pronto Pickle II, from 3:30 to 5:30, they have a Happy Hour menu for $5. Hot dogs, burgers, salads, panini's, draft beers, well drinks and Mai Tai's. You can thank me later! Aloha...

Stayed: November 2013
10  Thank Hawaiians3
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a hilton honors member so I always look to stay in one of their properties. So I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Waikiki...loved it. But I thought I would try this hotel. The room was great, the beach was great and the pools were nice. However, their were a couple things that happened in our room. Like the alarm went off forever more, the game console ( which is actually used in all the rooms to play dvd's that you have to get in the lobby of each tower), went out and the TV remote kept having issues. These are not big things but usually never have issues like this. Also, the one thing that bothered us the most that it was CRAZY with people! I felt like I was at Disneyland in the middle of July on a Saturday! Mind you this is October, not high season or anything like that. Also, another huge problem was some of the concierge and staff were so difficult to understand, it was kind of frustrating. I am sure they do the best they can under the circumstances but I am not use to that and we stay at alot of Hilton properties all over. All in all though it is great, especially if you have kids. Really nice beach area and location is nice. We walked all around the area. By the way, thank you Jackie H for getting us a larger room with a great view, that was very nice of you!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple