“Great if very busy hotel”

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“Great if very busy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great hotel with plenty of shops and 4 swimming pools and a lagoon. There is 2 ABC stores on-site which are very convenient to pick up anything from wine, beer, souvenirs, toiletries and snacks etc. Right on the beach and not too far away from Ala Moana Mall (10 minutes walk). Very busy so if you like a quiet place to stay it may not be for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank johndborg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Although our hotel wasn't ready until 8pm (we gt there at 6 and check-in is at 2), there were so many touristy attractions available. Between the bus tours, and luaus that picked up right at your hotel, and the boat tours and snorkeling that left from the hotel dock, there were many things available without needing a car. I loved the food there, but you must know that they don't serve free breakfast. I recommend everyone eat at Fresco- the Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner. Overall, this is a perfect place for people looking to go on bus and boat tours.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bobbi951
Windsor, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 5 days and had the best time! Our 3.5 yo son loved everything about it...from the beach to the pool and onto the waterslides. The hotel is extremely kid friendly. There is even a pool infant friendly. We did not rent a car this time because we had been to Oahu in the past. We stayed at the hotel mostly. Bad news..restaurants are just adequate. Wish there were better food and better prices. Food were very expensive and poor quality. We just tolerated it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Nicole L
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

After much research we chose the Hilton Hawaiian Village for our vacation. We booked and paid for reservations in March. On July 30th I confirmed our reservations. Less than 48 hours before our flight we were notified that the Hilton was overbooked and we were being moved to another hotel that we had never even heard of. I contacted the Hilton and the employee was very apologetic telling me that she "hates it when they do this". I asked her how we could be bumped when I had confirmed our reservations less than two weeks ago and her response was "it happens". I asked how this happened when I had made reservations almost five months earlier and she informed me that she had already had to tell a bride, who had made her reservations a year in advance, that she would not be spending her honeymoon at the Hilton. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that they were all in meeting and one would get back with me. In the meantime I contacted our new hotel. They informed me that they had been told about the overbooking several days ago. When Jackie from the Hilton called me back I asked her the same questions and her response was always "it happens". I asked how it was possible for us to have rooms on the 30th and to not have rooms just a couple of days later. Her standard reply, "it happens". She was not the least bit apologetic, and kept answering all of my questions with a very monotone "it happens". This is a terrible way to do business. I expected better from a name such as the Hilton.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Jane B
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Aloha Jane B,

Mahalo for choosing the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered during your recent trip to Hawaii. This is an abnormal, and a rare situation at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. However, we did fail to accommodate our guest and have no excuse for it. We hope the accommodation we secured was satisfactory and truly hope that you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to welcome you back if you make future plan to travel to Hawaii.

Mahalo Nui Loa
Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, plenty of amenities, excellent staff. Location includes close shopping, watersports and excellent beach very close by. Beautiful grounds and very well kept. Rooms are clean and spacious and Beds are extremely comfortable. Didn't want to leave. Made it a point to stop back on return part of trip just to hang out for the day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first trip to Hawaii to attend a convention. I am a Hilton Honors member so the choice was obvious. The grounds are simply great, all that one would like for a vaction in paradise (great beach, ocean, excellent landscaping). The food and the shops that can be found within the complex are good, but you must be prepared for higher costs. I was very disappointed to find out that my standing requests for room preferences were not only ignored, but my assigned room was in complete opposite contrast to my desires. I had to listen to the elevator motors 24 hours per day and I was on a mid-level floor. It was noisey! The ugly was the very poor quality of the consierge service. They were really only salespersons for the resort. They were reluctant to help with advice or even make reservations. In some cases they were even rude. I expected more from the staff.

Room Tip: The Rainbow tower offers excellent views of the ocean and harbor. Try to stay away from the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DaleB9120
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights on a stopover in Honolulu. I was impressed, the resort is immense and impressive, and well-looked after. Our room in the Ali'i Tower had a stunning view of the ocean and but also looked down on the rather noisy pool area, but of course that's normal! The private pool area in this tower was perfect though, and has its own private bar. Food and drinks are extortionate in my opinion, but rather fitting with Hawaiian prices. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying lunch in the hotel's ABC Stores convenience store, as well as all drinks and snacks as it is MUCH MUCH cheaper. Overall a pleasant stay, and only a short walk into Waikiki itself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family