After much research we chose the Hilton Hawaiian Village for our vacation. We booked and paid for reservations in March. On July 30th I confirmed our reservations. Less than 48 hours before our flight we were notified that the Hilton was overbooked and we were being moved to another hotel that we had never even heard of. I contacted the Hilton and the employee was very apologetic telling me that she "hates it when they do this". I asked her how we could be bumped when I had confirmed our reservations less than two weeks ago and her response was "it happens". I asked how this happened when I had made reservations almost five months earlier and she informed me that she had already had to tell a bride, who had made her reservations a year in advance, that she would not be spending her honeymoon at the Hilton. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that they were all in meeting and one would get back with me. In the meantime I contacted our new hotel. They informed me that they had been told about the overbooking several days ago. When Jackie from the Hilton called me back I asked her the same questions and her response was always "it happens". I asked how it was possible for us to have rooms on the 30th and to not have rooms just a couple of days later. Her standard reply, "it happens". She was not the least bit apologetic, and kept answering all of my questions with a very monotone "it happens". This is a terrible way to do business. I expected better from a name such as the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu