This is a huge property. At the time of our stay there were a lot of works going on which were slightly frustrating but didn't really impact our stay.
Overall the hotel is a little outdated but it is a beautiful location. The staff are very friendly. As Hilton honours Diamond members we were upgraded to a beautiful corner room on the 25th floor of the rainbow tower. The fireworks happened right in front of us and that was great.
There were three downsides to our stay.
1. There is not Hilton honours lounge and the breakfast area is a joke. A bow of boiled eggs and some banana bread don't really count as breakfast. For the chains top customers I expected more. When we did have breakfast at the restaurant where the food was amazing we got something like an $8 discount. A little disrespectful I thought. Clearly even management thought the lounge breakfast so worth no more than that.
2. You have to pay for the chairs in front of the beach. Not really sure if this is just a Hawaii thing as it was our first time but I thought it was a little strange and annoying.
3. There is no gym in the rainbow tower so we had to walk to another tower every time we wanted to use the gym..... I think it must have been an after thought
Overall however it is a nice property with very friendly staff and I do have to say I take my hat off to whoever runs this place as it is just huge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu