My friend and I stayed for four nights at the Hawaiian Village. The grounds are lovely and well maintained and the room had great beds and pillows and the balcony view of the ocean was great. We were in the Ali Tower which I believe is one of the newer towers. Room was quiet and private.
As mentioned in other reviews shown here the Tropic Bar/Restaurant is terrible. You always have to wait at least 20 minutes + to get in despite numerous empty tables. You would think this meant it was worth the wait but this is not the case. The food is inedible both for breakfast and lunch. Service is not friendly or helpful. Only good part is the view and the music.
From booking in, tour bookings, and front desk majority of resort staff were unfriendly, unhelpful and certainly not keen to address any problems. I rang the desk to get a bottle opener sent up and was told the hotel did not have one and I would have to go out and purchase one. Hard to believe in a Hilton Hotel. When asking young man on the desk at the tour departure point a question about where the bus would depart from he replied "I have no idea" shrugged his shoulders and was totally unhelpful.
The $25 per day surcharge is a joke as the only thing we used was a short internet access and free movies and we were already paying top dollar for the room.
The playstation through which the "free" movies were played had a cord missing and it took two calls to reception who told me that they would do their best to get someone to look at it. Eventually a nice man turned up and fixed the problem but you would expect housekeeping to notice this when preparing the room and also expect prompt service to fix the problem.
The place was always in a frenetic state wherever you went and was definitely not a restful pleasant stay in a tranquil environment. The Hau Bar was awful and not the sort of beachside place I would watch the sunset as was advertised - it was more like a low class bar than a lovey place to watch the sunset and have a cocktail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu