This was my 5th time in Hawaii but my first time staying at the Hilton Hawaiian village. I had walked the grounds before but never really realized how amazing this place was until I stayed on the property. Everything is so well maintained and beautiful. While walking around you'll see a miniature waterfall, fountains, Koi ponds galore, and yes, even a penguin exhibit (feeding time is awesome.)
At this hotel you'll be right on Waikiki beach. This is a pretty touristy beach but definitely a great place to relax regardless. The hotel itself offers a private little lagoon for laying out, playing in the water etc.
There's a wide variety of dining options on the property, and plenty more within walking distance. My personal favorite is Wailana coffee house across the street. It's by no means luxurious but the price is right, service is great, and food is incredible.
At the hotel they have a breakfast buffet on the Rainbow Terrace every morning. This was amazing. The food was delicious and the perfect way to start the day.
Shopping around the area was amazing as well. On the hotel grounds there's plenty of higher-end touristy shops, a Louis Vuitton, and even a Ukulele store. About a mile away there's a whole line of high end fashion stores including Hermes, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Tod's, and Chanel (just to name a few.)
The pools here are great. There are too many to count. I only went to the one on the second floor located next to the gym, and I was very pleased. The gym was great and had one side of it open so you could get fresh air and have an amazing view while working out.
Overall I was extremely satisfied with this hotel and will definitely be staying here in the future. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and made this trip one to never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Odigeo, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu