We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village while attending a conference. There were some positive aspects to it but we are not resort people and did not really care for the experience. We also spent several days with a rental car touring the island and staying at much more modest places. We stayed in the Tapa tower and our room was spacious, newer, comfortable and all that we could have asked for. The staff were uniformly helpful and friendly, easily some of the nicest and most helpful staff I have seen.
As other reviewers have noted, this is a big resort. They have it set up so that you can visit Hawaii and never leave. You also can have almost no contact with anything that is not the resort. So if that is what you are looking for this is probably a good place but if you want to really see Hawaii and interact with Hawaiian people in some capacity other than service workers this is not the place for you. The layout is set up to help you spend money at every turn and corner. And, you better be prepared to spend because virtually everything, food, clothing, entertainment etc. that you buy in the resort will cost you half as much to double what you can get it outside of the resort and Waikiki. What is annoying are the nickle and dime charges, such as $14.00 a day for internet, on top of fairly steep room rates.
We saw lots of families and I could see how it would be a great, but very expensive place to bring the family. This would not be our idea of a romantic get away place. Too loud, too crowded, and too many kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu