We just spent four nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, and we came away pretty disappointed. I had stayed here many times as a child, and I had fond memories.
I think the primary problem is that they have built too many towers. The place is overcrowded. We walked by the breakfast buffet line today, and people were strewn all about the pool area waiting. Did not look pleasant.
The pools aren't big enough to capacitate all of the expansion, and as it is a family resort, it isn't uncommon for pools to be shut down due to turds in the water. The beach is really nice, but it is also packed, and as it is a public beach, you will be paying for a chair rental. Speaking of chairs, the pool chairs are also pretty run down and could use replacing. The other thing is that you only get one towel card per guest. So if you want to spread a towel on your chair and dry off with another, no can do here. Better bring your own towels.
The room service options are pretty poor. Standard city Hilton / Marriott properties have significantly better options.
I suppose it's nice that every room comes with a PS3, but if you came to Hawaii to play video games, that's another issue - but you can bring Blu ray or DVD movies to watch.
Our room was really nice. As Hilton diamond members, we were upgraded to a corner room in the rainbow tower. The room wasn't anything special, but the bed was comfy, and it was very clean.
All in all, we won't ever stay here again. It's a zoo. The place is overrun with rif raf. The strict towel allocation makes me feel like as a guest I'm treated as a potential criminal...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu