“Honeymoon -ideal location”

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Honeymoon -ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband chose the Rainbow tower and we were fortunate enough to have a corner room with two balconies on the 30th floor of a 31 floor building! The morning sun rose on the Diamond Head side with the sunset being viewed from our ocean front room. It was amazing. On Friday night fireworks were displayed on the beach and the crackers exploded outside our room at eye level (from a safe distance) this was the best part of our trip and a high point on my honeymoon.
The Hilton is a resort where you can find everything you need but it's close to the main beach do you have the best if both worlds We really loved the buffet breakfasts too. Looking forward to returning again next year :)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Lindak555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village because we were getting married there. Our banquet/events coordinator assisted us booking at the Kalia Tower. The gentleman at the front desk that checked us in was very friendly. The night before the wedding the engineering gentlemen that helped us with our TV remote in the suite we stayed in. Although we needed assistance for just the TV remote he noticed that we did not have any more coffee and returned back to our room with more coffee packets. THANK YOU! Attention to detail! Housekeeping also did an amazing job. Everything from the Ceremony to the reception was wonderful. We had a great time during our wedding. At the end of the wedding we decided to save the top of our cake however the suite that I stayed in did not have a regular size fridge but two mini fridges. I was not able to fit the cake in the mini fridge so I called down to the guest service agent to see if someone can help me. The response I got was, "oh we used to have room service staff but not any more so there is no one to pick up the cake." I explained about the mini fridge not able to fit and was a bit frustrated over the phone so I asked, "can you see if there is something you can do. I don't want my cake to sit out." The expression that I got from the guest service agent sounded like he did not want to help me but replied “let me see what we can do.” I later got a reply back and was informed that the Tropics restaurant was able to hold the cake in their fridge but I would have to walk the cake over. I did not want to make a fuss so I walked the cake over myself. I was very upset but at the same time glad that I was able to get my cake refrigerated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Aloha gemzNgreg,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village! Congratulations on your marriage! We are delighted to hear that you were married on our property and you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing the compliments regarding our front desk staff, maintenance, and housekeeper succeeding in sharing the aloha spirit.

We sincerely apologize for the challenges that you experienced regarding refrigerating your wedding cake. We are glad that we were ultimately able to find a refrigerator for your cake.
Thank you for taking your time to write a review as your feedback will assist us in reaching our goal in providing the best service to our guests. We hope you return to HHV and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Mahalo,

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Lovely hotel, beautifully situated on a wonderful beach. Constant weddings - interesting to watch the photographs being taken.

Hotel has a superb pool.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Plenty of places to visit nearby, if you so desire.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Just ask when booking - friendly staff.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bearlette
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been here twice and have looked at a lot of other hotels and still find this one is the best, so many restaurants , ABC convenience store on site which is great and sells just about anything and cheap, not worth the effort to go to any other abc store as they are all the same price.
Rainbow or Ali towers are the best and on the beach front.
What else can I say! I love it!!

Room Tip: Beach front is the best , but in saying that ocean view/ Marina is really good Both of these u can...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Helen A
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everything you could ever want in a Hawaiian vacation. Just one look at the photos of this place and you should be convinced. The rooms are phenomenal!! The property is maintained to beyond 5 star ratings. Multiple pools, exotic plants and animals on site, right on the beach, fabulous restaurants. My favorites are the sushi restaurant and Benihana. But there are several more to choose from. If you can book ahead I would recommend asking for a room in the Rainbow tower as high as you can get. The views are breathtaking on all sides of the tower. All in all this is the place to stay if you want that Hawaiian experience 24-7.

• Stayed November 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed at this Resort 10+ times while visiting family. I suggest staying in the Ali'i Tower. It is one of the buildings that is closest to the ocean. This tower just went through an extensive renovation. There is a seperate check in desk and a pool for just the people staying in that Tower. There are several pools on the property-you can try a new one every day. The Tapa pool just got renovated and opened in December 2012. Round Table Pizza, CJ's Deli and Benihana's are my favorite restaurants on the property. The rest of the time we walk down to Kalakaua Ave for meals. Lots of high end shopping at the Resort. There is an ABC store and Whalers General store for things you may need. There are a few full service grocery stores that are within walking distance. The Wailana Coffee House is off the property and close for breakfast. Much cheaper. It is nothing fancy but the food is good and its clean. Every Friday they do a fireworks show. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is nice. The property is massive so if you're looking for a quiet get-a-way this might not be the place for you. For people looking for a fun beach, lots of shopping, restaurants, penguins, turtles, etc, give it a try.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Beachbum802
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in The Lagoon tower as part of a timeshare room. We were on the 8th floor, 1 bedroom with full kitchen which was great. We were on the right side of the tower so we overlooked part of the Paradise pool and a partial ocean view so it was fine. As far as the room goes it was a little outdated and the carpet seemed old. The kitchen had the bare minimum as far as dishes and cooking pans. The stovetop is flat/electric which I don't care for but it's common for timeshare kitchens. The bedroom was nice as well as the bathroom but the air conditioner was kind of loud when it came on. It was nice having a balcony to go and sit on when we wanted to. They had a round table and 4 chairs outside. The front desk and all the employees were very nice. The bad thing is you have to pay $27 a day to park if you have a car and more for valet. The grounds are beautiful and there is a lot to do in and around the Village as far as restaurants and shopping all of which are over priced as expected. All in all it's a very nice place to stay but very big and lots of people. If you want to get an umbrella and chairs to lay at the lagoon it will cost you $16 for each lounge chair and $59 for the umbrella. Just a side note, if you want to get a blow up mat to float in the lagoon buy one at the ABC store onsite for $4.99 and for $.60 they will blow it up for you. Beats paying a bunch to rent for a day. We also had to use the onsite on call doctor and that was a nice touch to have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple