NY at the sea, is how people we met from Phoenix one eve on the beach described it........... quite accurate description ? See below......
BIG resort, oh my word, massive. Like 5 (4?) hotels on one beachfront property. The Rainbow Tower (where we stayed) is most seafront I'd say, where everything happens day and night......
LOCATION is good, with beach, pools, parks close by. Note however: this is city life location - busy, music from seafront restaurants until around 11pm and noise from people fooling around on the beach till late. Traffic in the area city like. People everywhere in numbers. Difficult to find pool chairs at busy times. Coming from Maui (Kanaapali Beach area) the previous week (which in itself we considered busy), this was an animal of a different kind !
CHECK IN very busy at lobby, formed a Q at 2:30 pm odd..... took quite some time to check in, sorry to say.
FIRE WORKS every Friday right in front of Rainbow Tower around 7:45 pm (?) ! Not for the faint hearted inhabitants of the Rainbow Tower but very nice ! :)
LUAU just before fire works on Fridays at Rainbow Tower Pool..... visible from Rainbow Tower on oceanside.
RESTAURANTS: lots with Asian foods, very busy. One day, during our 4 night stay, we walked from one to another, trying get a spot but in vain (note: its like this all around the area of Waikiki and we did NOT make a reservation). In my opinion there could be more restaurants around.
LUGGAGE delivery was a bit slow, made one call an it got delivered. Baggage collection was good !
SERVICE was good when we needed something. However, on day 3 we discovered 4/5 pieces of clothing (of which 2/3 were underpants of a gent!) of previous visitors under the sleeping couch whilst looking for our childrens' toys...... yuk.
SNORKELING yes, right in front of hotel. Not so many fish though and due to busy beach, the wind and sea activities in the area a bit mercy. Go to the Waikiki aquarium if you have children to see the full spectrum, we did :)
RAINBOW TOWER SEA VIEW ROOM: now, no matter what I state here, our room made the 4 stars I awarded this hotel, otherwise it may have been a 3. We were upgraded: 23rd floor full ocean view - MILLION DOLLAR VIEW !
ROOM was nicely appointed, modern and modern bathroom with ample space.
WILL WE RETURN ? This area was a nice first experience, but too busy for us..... so I don't think so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu