We stayed in the Rainbow Tower shortly after Christmas. The room was ocean-view but on the back corner of the building across from the Luau and the Lagoon. Hilton has been in Hawaii since the 60s so you can appreciate that it really is a "village" around the hotel. There is a massive shopping centre 5 minutes away. The prices were higher than a typical suburban mall on the mainland US.
* If you want to get free luau tickets you can attend a 1.5 hour presentation on the Hilton Grand Vacations.
* You need to plan roughly $75 extra per day on your stay for things like resort fees and little incidentals that come up.
* We really recommend the Italian Sausage pizza and garlic sticks w/ ranch combo at the Round Top Pizza Bar across the road from the Rainbow Tower. We were obsessed with this place and ended up eating the same thing for three nights over the course of our stay.
* We booked a day-trip flight to Kauai and a coach tour. This cost $400 per person but it was a great way to see the island in a day.
* Pearl Harbor and the USS Missouri is a must-see. Watch "Tora Tora Tora" first to get the right context. We would give the Dole Plantation a miss.
* You can drive over to the north side of the island and see film locations for Lost and Jurassic Park. We also parked the car and watched some of the surfing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu