We stayed for two weeks in a Hilton Grand Vacations 2 bedroom condo in the Lagoon Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This was the perfect option for our family of 5. The apartment was gorgeous - with a view of the ocean. It was extremely spacious with 1 king bed, 2 queens (in the second bedroom) and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. The kitchen was fully equipped and there was a share laundry at the end of the hall.
The apartment was very quiet apart from the luau each night - which ended before we went to bed so that was OK. HGVC facilities and privileges were available to us even though we are not owners.
The resort is so convenient to everything. It is a 5-10 minute walk to Ala Moana (depending on your pace), there are bus stops outside (about a 5 minute walk through the resort for buses going to Ala Moana and a 3 minute walk from the Grand Waikikian lobby for buses going to Waikiki, Diamond Head).
It is about 10-15 minutes to walk to the heart of Waikiki. It's a nice walk though - along the beach front and through the park to get to Lewers St.
There are several supermarkets nearby if you want supplies - two in Waikiki (one an easy walk, one a bus trip), and one at Ala Moana. There are small convenience stores at the resort for everyday supplies - including one in our lobby.
The resort is far enough from Waikiki that you don't feel overcrowded and it is much quieter than any of the other hotels we have stayed at in Waikiki.
The staff are very helpful and the service is great. I had some issues with unauthorised transactions on my credit card and the hotel duty manager was extremely helpful in sorting it out for me.
The resort restaurants are fabulous - with healthy choices and usually not too long a wait for a table.
The only negative was that the pools are very crowded. It was OK for our 4 year old but our teenagers were not interested.
We would definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu