I'm sorry Hilton, I booked the Hawaiian Village because it's a resort and I don't appreciate being gouged for an additional $25/day/room on top of what I already paid. The receptionist explained it included free WiFi (sorry, didn't come to Waikiki to work), free DVD rentals (I'm paradise, not planning on sitting in my room watching TV) and use of the fitness center (don't all hotels give you free use of the gym?).
Now for the review of the hotel - overall it was a great experience, room as a bit dated but very clean and the AC worked well. There is some construction going on, but it's not noisy or bothersome. All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and willing to help with directions and recommendations etc. I found the pools to be a little on the small side, but still a great place to hang out and spend a few hours in the sun. Drinks were on the pricey side, but that's to be expected and the only thing I found bothersome was the band playing in Tropics was some sort of classic rock cover band or something like that and not Hawaiian which I would have expected.
Overall it was a very pleasant trip (minus the "resort fee" nonsense)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, HotelPower, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu