We stayed at the HHV with our kids over Thanksgiving break. I would not go back to this resort ever again, or any Hilton, now that I have had the "Hilton" experience. For starters they are doing construction and have large walls up everywhere channeling everyone into narrow paths. It is already very crowded and this makes it feel even more so. Really..construction over one of the busiest weeks of travel this year??
Also they charge you for everything. A chair on the beach, $15.00, an umbrella, $20.00. They give you a towel card to get ONE beach and/or pool towel and if you don't bring the card back... $10.00. I am surprised they don't charge you to view the ocean. They shoot off fireworks every Friday night and if you want a chair to sit in and watch it is $10.00. You have to sit in the sand to watch because if you think you can sit on a towel, you can't.....You don't have a towel because you had to give that back before the towel desk closed. Parking, $35.00 daily. The list goes on and on.
There is not one good place to eat on the entire property and the food is severely over priced. The food by the pool is basically fast food, not even using real cheese. I believe the waitress called it "liquid cheese"..okay gross!!!! "Tropics" is the other beachside place to eat and that is tolerable, but it is really just equal to what you can get at any Denny's or IHop. There is one bright spot at "Tropics Bar" and that is the band that plays during happy hour on Fridays. But don't think that the good drinks are on special during happy hour, they are not!!! They only offer certain drinks at happy hour prices and those are the drinks that you don't really want anyway.
They have a magazine that encourages their guests to rent boogie boards, surf boards and stand up paddle boards. We did that. We went out to the break (that is in front of the hotel) each day with our kids to play in the waves, however BEWARE!!!!!!!! The surf school that the Hilton supports you to use has a VERY VERY rude instructor. When he is out on the break with the surf class he will tell you to get off his wave and out of the way of his students. His name is EARL. He told us he "owned the break" and we did not know what we were doing and we should leave, including our kids. The entire time we were all out playing in the waves he was up our a_s. I am not sure but the last time I checked NO ONE owned the ocean.?? We told him to get lost, we paid our (almost $200.00) money and had the right to be out there as everyone else. He would not stay away from us and made our day pretty miserable. I did speak to the mamger, he said he would look into it and call me, he never did. Seems to me that if the surf school and the board rentals have conflict, that is their problem to work out, not the problem of the guests. There is almost ZERO customer service. The place is to big! The can't and don't seem to give a care about your experience.
I have been to many resorts in Hawaii. This one was by far the worst and I will never return. Don't waist you money!!! Stay down the beach at the Westin. Way way nicer, better food and
no territorial wanna be surfer boy riding you butt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu