We stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village a number of years ago, and really enjoyed it, but were somewhat hesitant after reading all the negative reviews. However, we decided to go for it, reserving a corner king room in the newly renovated Rainbow Tower. The views from both sides were absolutely spectacular! Expensive yes, but worth every penny. The construction noise did not affect us at all. We couldn't really hear it from our room on the 21st floor and not on the beach--just as a very kind trip advisor member assured me before our trip. The construction does break up the property, and I can see where it would be a major annoyance if your room was located anywhere nearby. The time we visited was a slow period and the resort was definitely not too crowded even if busy. For example, I never saw more than a dozen people in the super pool and there were relatively few children. Don't get me wrong, there were still masses of people, but a lot less than some reviewers mentioned. I think that if you are the type of person who enjoys Disney World--the crowds, lines, confusing and meandering paths, numerous shops, and beautifully landscaped grounds, you would probably enjoy HHV. Same sort of energetic vibe. And perhaps because there were less guests, every single staff person we interacted with (with the exception of a waiter at the Tropics Bar) was pleasant and helpful. The room itself was beautiful and we loved the elevator system that moved folks very efficiently. HHV sits on a gorgeous stretch of beach and there are several pools as well. The only negatives are the massive parking garage, which makes it a real pain to retrieve your car, and the little rocks on the beach. Wear water shoes if you have sensitive feet. Everything is overpriced of course, but that's to be expected at a resort of this type. Oh, and for breakfast, don't miss the Wailana Coffee House, across the street from HHV, for an excellent meal and quick service at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu