This was the second stop on our honeymoon and although we really liked the hotel, the renovations spoiled it for us. We booked through Virgin who did make us aware of the work being done before we went but completely played it down. We went to change the hotel nevertheless at is was our honeymoon but were told by one of the Virgin retail branches that we were staying in the rainbow tower and the work was around the Tapa tower so we wouldn't be affected. When we checked in this turned out not to be the case and we had been put in the Tapa Tower. Needless to say we were extrememly unhappy but the Manager on duty Chandra Huang was so helpful and went out of her way to get us moved despite the hotel being so full. This really made a difference to us - the rooms in the Tapa Tower are quite dated but the Kalia tower which we were moved to was much nicer and away from all of the construction work.
There are lots of restaurant options on the resort - we ate in a few and all were lovely. The location is great as directly on the beach and there are lots of little shops.
The staff were mostly very friendly and helpful. The receptionist who checked us in was probably the most unhelpful person we came across but other than her everyone else went above and beyond - especially the hotel manager.
The swimming pools and spa were all lovel, very clean.
I would recommend this hotel - I think it will be fantastic when all of the renovations have been completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu