We stayed here last week for 7 nights ($1900US). I would stay here again.
We were pleasantly surprised by our room - it was huge! We were in the Tapa Tower, Room 3559. We had two double beds, two lanai (one of which had views towards Diamond Head and we could see the sea too), about 8 metres between the end of the beds and the couch, chairs and footstools, flat screen tv, plenty of drawers and ginormous wardrobe which was good for storing bags and shopping.
The only downside to the room was the a/c - we couldn't get it lower than 71 which was still hot over night underneath feather duvets.
Despite being on the top floor and being there during a huge conference, we never had to really wait for an elevator.
It was a 2 - 3 min wander to the beach and maybe 4 - 5 mins back from the lagoon pool which was the one we chose to frequent.
The resort was spotless. We kind of laughed when we saw the gardeners out leaf blowing fallen leaves or plumeria from the paths!
Primo location being 10 - 15 min walk from Ala Moana and 10 - 15 mins into Lewers St/Kuhio Ave. Great being off the main roads and away from the main beach - so much less crowded and noisy. Across Kalia Road you could catch buses or trolleys once your feet wore out from all the walking.
We only ate at the resport once as we wandered into town for more choices and a different atmosphere. We ate at the pizza place - slack service, gross plastic chairs and plastic plates ...
We got a late check out, 1pm, and then we had the use of a Hospitality room for an hour at 6pm as we did not have to be at the airport until 8pm. That was useful.
It was expensive from my point of view ... I would maybe look at the Ilikai next door next time, that has the same great location for $50 - 70 a night less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu