If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay near Waikiki I would recommend it. As far as looks go, it is not much to look at (a little rough around the edges). Also the surroundings are less than picturesque. There were a lot of homeless people near the entrance, that made it a little scary. The elevators to the rooms are only operated with your key card, so we didn't see any vagrants in the hotel. On a positive note the staff was AMAZING!! They gave us great suggestions on things to do on the island. One of the men at the desk told us we were very close to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it's beach. We walked there and that ended up being one of the biggest highlights of our trip. Without this man we wouldn't have even known this gem was right down the road. We also had a large gap in time from our check out and our flight, so they let us store our bags. We then went on a snorkling tour, and they let my friend use a complimentary room to shower before we headed home, even though we had already checked out. I really thought that was above and beyond!!! Really appreciated the effort. One of the days here they had the water turned off for maintanence for a few hours, so that was inconvenient, but I thought the staff really made up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel. Serving as the entrance into Waikiki, located conveniently along the Ala Wai Canal, just blocks to the sands of the mighty Pacific, the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel offers the perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions of Honolulu. Nestled in the heart of Honolulu, the Hawaiian Monarch is the ideal hotel for attending functions at the Hawaii Convention Center, shopping at the world-famous Ala Moana Center, and exploring the many boutique shops along Kalakaua Avenue. Shopping and dining can be found in any price range surrounding the hotel, not to mention picturesque Waikiki Beach, known as "the birthplace of surfing", and home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hawaiian Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Monarch Honolulu
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarch
- Hawaiian Monarch Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu