I got a room on the 17th floor with a fantastic view of the Ala Wai Park and the mountains. Every day for ten days of my stay here I`m having my coffee enjoying the view. But that`s all I could really be honest about.On my check in day the front desk staff forgot to tell meI have to use the door card to activate the lift. Got in the lift and after 5min.nothing happened and I panicked.Luckily, another guest got in and he showed me how to do it.The room is spacious and clean with a coffee service area(complimentary coffee for brewing but no filters),an old small refrigerator,iron board (that is difficult to fold back) with iron,microwave,hairdryer,soaps and shampoos and towels.The cabinets are old, worn out, toilet does work but is not looking good.Walls have cracks, and you need to have a strong muscle to pull out shower knobs in the bathtub. No breakfast service available but there are bars and small restaurants in their premises and the surroundings. The aircon is too noisy. The worst part were the cockroaches that keeps crawling all over specially at night. I keep complaining to the housekeeping and front desk about it but all they could do is to spray it. The hotel is 10-15min. walk to the beach and has no computer service for guests who do not have computers with them. A pity for me who has a speaker that can charge only by a computer (USB). Though one staff was kind enough to charge it for me in their computer but she made me feel like it is a big favor to do so in the end. If you only want the view request for this room otherwise I won`t recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel. Serving as the entrance into Waikiki, located conveniently along the Ala Wai Canal, just blocks to the sands of the mighty Pacific, the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel offers the perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions of Honolulu. Nestled in the heart of Honolulu, the Hawaiian Monarch is the ideal hotel for attending functions at the Hawaii Convention Center, shopping at the world-famous Ala Moana Center, and exploring the many boutique shops along Kalakaua Avenue. Shopping and dining can be found in any price range surrounding the hotel, not to mention picturesque Waikiki Beach, known as "the birthplace of surfing", and home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hawaiian Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Monarch Honolulu
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarch
- Hawaiian Monarch Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu