Let me start by saying that i believe most/or at least a good quantity of rooms here are privately owned...which would account for the varied reviews on here...that makes it somewhat hard to compare (aside from the fact that nearly all rooms are still furnished in 70's furnishings).
I needed a cheap place to stay or about 10 days with semi-kitchen facilities and managed to secure room 2208 on the 22nd floor. Yes the rooms are small, but somehow they still managed to fit in two double beds, a fridge,tv,small table and chairs & large closet. The room also came with microwave, coffee maker,rice cooker,blender,pots & pans, toaster, weird little two burner cooker (which I'm yet to try), amongst other utensils. The room had wooden floors and was exceptionally clean given its age..and im a stickler for cleanliness. The beds were comfortable, although you could hear the plastic mattress protector scrunch a little it didn't seem to affect the comfort level overall.
The best part about this room was:
The amazing view of the Ala Wai, Partial Diamond head....and off to the right...the ocean
And......wait for it: FREE WIRELESS & CALLS Within the USA & Canada...(don't know why the hotel or other rooms don't have it connected)
My only real gripe......and it's a big one; was that the shower was absolutely awful, almost cancels out the positives of this room..
Yes I've staid in far better places for the dollar value but this is Hawaii and you do get what you've paid for.. Would definitely stay again (but only if they fix the shower first).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel. Serving as the entrance into Waikiki, located conveniently along the Ala Wai Canal, just blocks to the sands of the mighty Pacific, the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel offers the perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions of Honolulu. Nestled in the heart of Honolulu, the Hawaiian Monarch is the ideal hotel for attending functions at the Hawaii Convention Center, shopping at the world-famous Ala Moana Center, and exploring the many boutique shops along Kalakaua Avenue. Shopping and dining can be found in any price range surrounding the hotel, not to mention picturesque Waikiki Beach, known as "the birthplace of surfing", and home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawaiian Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Monarch Honolulu
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarch
- Hawaiian Monarch Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu