I read the reviews here before I checked in so wasn't expecting much. My flight was 3 hours early but they let me leave my luggage until actual check in. Location is a good 10 minute walk to the main commercial strip of Waikiki, good for me since I wanted to be away from crowd. 10 minutes to Convention Center and 15 minutes to Ala Moana Shopping. The room was dated but clean. My bathroom was fairly decent sized, new curtains, vanity, hair dryer, shower/tub combo. 2 double beds, only needed one. Stained curtains a turn off, windows not operable, tiny TV. On the plus size there is a fridge, coffee maker (fee for coffee), and a microwave. The sushi restaurant downstairs was very good. The pool was dirty, at least there were cigarette butts, and debris in water. Overall the decor was something from the 70's, did'nt bother me for the price. I did get a ocean view so this was nice. Parking on-site was $16 a day. Pharmacy next door had hot food and an ABC on the opposite corner. As a solo traveler or if traveling with good buddies should not be a problem, not for romantic couple or families. I found the people living on-site rather seedy looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel. Serving as the entrance into Waikiki, located conveniently along the Ala Wai Canal, just blocks to the sands of the mighty Pacific, the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel offers the perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions of Honolulu. Nestled in the heart of Honolulu, the Hawaiian Monarch is the ideal hotel for attending functions at the Hawaii Convention Center, shopping at the world-famous Ala Moana Center, and exploring the many boutique shops along Kalakaua Avenue. Shopping and dining can be found in any price range surrounding the hotel, not to mention picturesque Waikiki Beach, known as "the birthplace of surfing", and home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelsClick so you can book your Hawaiian Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Monarch Honolulu
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarch
- Hawaiian Monarch Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu