We stayed at the Equus for a week in August and I would definitely stay there again. The rooms were clean, it was a pretty good location and value for money. Like other posters have said it is not a well-known location so make sure you have the address with you to find it. We just had to walk across the road to another hotel to get the tour buses so it was fine.
THE PROS - The staff were friendly - particularly the girl at the front desk whose name I can't remember - and let my sister check in early after she arrived feeling really sick. Also our air-con broke down one day and they fixed it right away. The room was nicely renovated and clean. It had the most comfortable beds and pillows we've ever slept on. The TV had about 40 channels. there's an internet computer in the lobby that just cost a few dollars to use. It was 5 minutes walk to Ala Moana shopping centre although a bit longer into Waikiki. there's an ABC shop on the corner and a McDonalds nearby as well as a few restaurants.
CONS - I agree with another poster that they could try to clean their rooms faster - we got back some days at about 4pm and our room still hadn't been done but that was a minor irritation. There was a bit of noise but we had the air-con on so that drowned it out. On the first morning we were there some kids were diving in the pool at about 6am but they were quickly told to stop. Also the toilets sound like airline toilets when they flush so you hear the neighbouring rooms flushing but you get used to it. lol. We had a room right down the hall from the check-in counter so I can't comment on the lift because we didn't use it. The only other downside I can think of is that we had to go to the Aqua property next door to do our laundry but housekeeping was using all the washers and dryers to do the sheets and towels so they should really have separate facilities for guests.
Apart from that it was a great stay and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu