“So Good News”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hawaiian Islands
“So Good News”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I just booked a room for a special event in Waikiki and will be staying at the Equus...my favorite boutique hotel there. I left a phone message requesting my date with them and within hours I got a call from the manager herself confirming my reservation. An email followed with the confirmation and new info about handicap access to the hotel and that valet parking is now available. I am looking forward to my time with these nice people, and their hotel perfectly located right across from the Yacht club where my "in town" event is happening. Yay, Equus.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GOODART

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2014

THANK YOU to everyone at the Equus Hotel for making my destination wedding so special! Having a group of family and friends travel from Australia to attend my wedding was one thing but all staying at the same hotel with great service and so accommodating was the cherry on the top! Thank you to Kika and Rene for overseeing accommodations for my family and friends and a special thank you to Puka for always greeting and being attentive to all my guests no matter what the request would be, and to Jackie for going above and beyond for my family. Thank you to all the staff of Equus Hotel for being so helpful during and after my wedding, my husband and I cannot thank you all enough! It was surly our home away from home! Location was so convenient to everything especially last minute shopping and this wedding was one that my family and friends would never forget! So thank you to everyone at the Equus Hotel for making our wedding extra special!
Love always, Mr and Mrs Foifua!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great WIFI service and are very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Are softball team stayed here for a tournament. The staff was incredible they were so helpful. They loaned us boogie boards for the girls and beach mats. Also very helpful with places to see and visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sousse
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a room with at moin 5 dead cockroach by all. I reserve
 Two months in advance all inclusive I think like that have a nice room and I get the receptionist told me that the garden view room and it was a room with a view of nothing the worse of the hotel and I not think there's worse. incompetent and unhelpful reception. I never go back and I recommend anyone to go there !!! I'm really disappointed :(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

3 Thank Helmi S
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Admittedly a bit spoiled from our trip to Turtle Bay on the North Shore, we were somewhat disappointed with the Equus. Carpets were stained, walls were thin, and cigarette smoke kept wafting into our room (we were on the second floor). To its credit, the staff was vey friendly and the beds super comfortable. It was inexpensive and close to transit and walk away from beach. Although we would not stay here again, I can agree that the price point was excellent for the area.

Green Features: Wonderfully environmentally conscious! Requires a key to turn on main lights and A/C once in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scbird13
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just arrived home from a week in Waikiki, and even though I am exhausted and in pain from sunburn (wear sunscreen, lots!!!!) I just wanted to give these guys the review they deserve.

*From the moment we arrived we were given exceptional treatment. A gentleman greeted us with cold pineapple and guava juice. He was a very welcoming and one of the nicest people I have met. The entire front desk is this way, extremely nice and helpful. They asked me if I wanted help every time I carried something. They even kept the lobby stocked with cold fruit infused water.
*Room was just as advertised, nothing broken, nasty, or worn out.
*Some reviews I read prior to arriving had mentioned noise so I asked for a room towards the back and I stayed on the 8th floor, no noise problem that I could tell.
*Housekeepers are amazing! Always made sure I had plenty of everything. They cleaned really well, our beds always looked amazing. I know the difference between a good cleaning and cut corners, these guys did great!
*The location could not be better. Within a couple blocks to Ala Moana Park beach and the shopping center, this had a huge variety of food to eat in the food court. My kids loved the beach there. I drove them down to Waikiki beach and they asked to go back to the one by the hotel. It is calmer and we even did a little of snorkeling there seeing fish with wings and some others. It is also close to Sam's club, Walmart, and Starbucks. We was able to park in the garage across the street for $7 per night, and at the marina for either $8 per night or $1 per hour which was perfect for daytime. I would definitely rent a car. While we stayed at The Equus we was able to go to Sea Life Park (kids loved swimming with the dolphins), Chief’s Luau (favorite part of trip to all of us, funny!), Hanauma Bay (amazing! fish everywhere), Waimea Valley waterfall (great experience), Diamond Head (hard hike but worth it), Pearl Harbor (good for kids to learn first-hand), Aloha Stadium swap meet (bought a lot of clothes and gifts for cheap), and several beaches (the lagoons at Ko olina were nice, swam with a turtle there in lagoon #1).
*I have a 7 year old daughter and 17 year old son, both of which loved everything we did. They even loved the hotel, so much so that they wanted to spend the last day of Hawaii in the room. For the price I was expecting some disappointment, but there was absolutely none. The only thing I can even consider mentioning is that the pool was a little small. However if you go to Hawaii and spend your time in a hotel pool rather than at the beach across the street, maybe you should have just saved your money and rented a hotel with a pool by your house. My daughter swam in it once but after going into the ocean across the street she decided a pool was definitely not as much fun. I absolutely loved this hotel and all the staff in it, we have no complaints. We will definitely be back. Oahu was such a great experience. The people are the nicest, friendliest, and laid back that we have ever met. No one even honks or yells at all the lost tourist driving horribly (me). I'm in love with Oahu and all of its locals. Mahalo to the Equus and all the residents of Oahu, you gave this family some great memories to last a lifetime.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank jasmine p
Roseville, California
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Equus Hotel is located minutes away from great restaurants, night life and beaches. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. The staff bent over backwards to make me comfortable. This is the best deal in Waikiki.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business