I have been to Hawaii a couple of times and this is easily the nicest hotel I have stayed in - Great Location, very modern- (recently- remodelled), Great Rates and gorgeous rooms.
Rooms: The rooms in this hotel are soo nice- really modern bathrooms, plenty of space, the beds were sooo big/comfortable! I have stayed in a number of Hawaiian hotels- more expensive with fancy pictures on their website only to end up in flea ridden dowdy room. This place is really nice & comfortable- feels like a home away from home.
Service: From parking our car ( FREE- I might add) to check in and check out - I found the staff so helpful, welcoming & friendly. They do as much as they can to help you settle in and get the most out of your vacation. If you have any issues at all you can text them & they will sort it out straight away- even if you are out and about around Waikiki & looking for a restaurant recommendation.
Location: this hotel is located opposite the Hilton Hawaiian Village- making it easy to explore the rest of Waikiki. Parking is free & the biggest Shopping Mall in Hawaii- the Ala Moans centre is literally a 5 min walk away from the hotel. You really have the best of both worlds- great shopping & access to Waikiki Beach across the street.
Rates: this hotel has recently been remodelled & definitely offers much better rates than other Hawaiian hotels which jack up the prices at a whim. It's family run & that really makes a difference in terms of how they treat their guests. No breakfast but there are so many options around you it really doesn't matter!
After staying in a number of supposedly 4/5 star hotels in Hawaii I would 100% recommend this hotel over any of the others- you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu