“A great little boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Equus Hotel
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“A great little boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I found the Equus Hotel, a really good place to be. It's within walking distance of the big shopping centres, across the way from a really relaxed beach, and far away enough from the crowds of Waikiki. The rooms are clean, the bed is luxuriously comfortable, and the people are just delightful. But perhaps the main reason I would return is for Justin, the bellman. Nothing is too much trouble for him, and everything he does is with a smile. Thank you, Justin, for making my stay at the Equus so very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelesse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
National Park of American Samoa, American Samoa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My name is Ben Sili and I had the pleasure of staying at the Equus Hotel last September and was extremely impressed with the level of customer service I received from the staff and the quality and comfort of the room were both of superior quality. I considered that the price I paid was extremely reasonable and I will certainly use your property again when I am in Honolulu. My business necessitates that I travel a great deal, thus I have the experience of a number of hotel properties, yours was a privilege to stay at. To reiterate, the undoubted highlight of my stay at your establishment was the level of commitment that your staff and in particular Ms Kika Ilalio, Puka and Rene provided me with. There was nothing that was too much trouble for her and her demeanor and her obvious care for the guests in her care was apparent and refreshing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ben S
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

10 min walking distance from Ala Moana shopping centre.
Our classic queen room was comfortable and we were very happy with bed.
The only one downside was no available parking spaces so we had to park across the road above Red Lobster restaurant for $15 per night.
But if you are looking for sightseeing holiday with shopping but not sunbathing on the beach, then the Equus hotel is a great value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Florianopolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed 23 nights at The Equus Hotel. With my wife I occupied one room while my daughter and grand daughter stayed in an adjacent room. We appreciated the hotel's location that allows easy access (walking distance) to beaches (Ala Moana, Magic Island and Waikiki) as well as restaurants and the Ala Moana Shopping. Free internet and local calls are also very convenient. In none of the four weekends when we rent a car we could use the limited space of the garage. The supplied coffee saches (for our rigourous Brazilian taste) were very weak and we made up for buying a pack of delicious Hawaiian Kona coffee - dark roast. At the front desk, Paulo and Yoshi, as well as the other attendants, were particularly efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for a week and found Justin - the bellman provided an excellent level of service, he was friendly, professional and very helpful. Thank you!

It rained light showers off and on but you don't need an umbrella, the rainbows that result are spectacular.

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel was a cozy hotel that's central to EVERYTHING! And the best part was that I didn't need transportation (limited parking if you rent a car - don't do it); I walked everywhere! The hotel was clean and priced just right. The restaurants were right across the street or a couple of blocks away; the shopping mall was also a few blocks away - all in walking distance. The hotel staff made it their business to ensure that their guests were comfortable and satisfied. Many thanks to Linelle, who gave that extra personal touch! I would stay here again without reservation. It is very clean - that's all I need. It is right off the street, so the sirens can get a little loud (just made me feel even more at home - I'm use to them)!
p.s there is a lounge area/breezeway with a pool. Nice balcony with the room and an ATM in the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a four post bamboo bed; you can request a bed without the posts. It will open up the room. A...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank beegee57
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

i stayed at the equus for 4 nights it was a suprise stay for my birthday from my wife and she and I loved how cute and clean the room was . We enjoyed our stay our room attendent Doreen kept our room clean and made us feel like home . I would recomend any one to stay at this hotel the rooms are cute the location is great and the staff is just so wonderful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012