“..... enjoying the Aloha spirit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diamond Head Beach Hotel

Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Vancouver, Canada
“..... enjoying the Aloha spirit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was our second one month vacation at the Diamond Head Beach Hotel and we have already booked “our” month for next year with their friendly staff - need I say more. Perfect location within easy walking distance to Waikiki, the Aquarium, the Zoo or all the way up to Diamond Head crater. Good parking and bus transit in front of the hotel. You live waterfront with great sunning, swimming, snorkelling etc. and a nice patio to enjoy the Hawaiian sunset with a glass of wine

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dorte2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our stay at Diamond Head Beach Hotel was fabulous. It is close to everything and has bus stops in front. I did rent a car and was able to park in a safe designated spot. Our room was very clean and comfortable. My boyfriend and I remarked several times that this was a great spot to stay for our first time and plan on coming back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed in the "Kaimana Suite" unit 102. It was just renovated days before I checked in, and it's beautiful! The benefits of staying on the first floor are tremendous. 20 steps out my door and I'm relaxing by the ocean watching the surfers! There is no sandy beach area right out front, but there's a very nice grassy area with lawn chairs that I spent quite a bit of time at during windy days when the beach wasn't pleasant. Kaimana beach, my fave, is a short 2 min walk down the road. The building is completely secure and I was perfectly comfortable being a single female traveler. Everything in the suite is updated and modern, the bed is soooooo comfy! I loved the flat screen tvs. There's an ample storage room/closet off of the living room, which came in very handy when I had a couple friends come and visit! Decent bedroom closet as well. Room for all our suitcases plus enough hangers and space to hang our clothes. The only thing missing was a microwave, but I have heard from other visitors that none of theirs' had one either. Nice lanai off the bedroom, with a peekaboo ocean view! The building's location was perfect for what I wanted. I knew this before I came, as I had scoped out the hotel a few months prior on another trip. An awesome location for runners, as there's a very popular running path around Kapiolani park just outside. 10 mins walk to Waikiki central or up to shops/food in lower Kaimuki/Diamond Head. There's many great local places that aren't overrun with tourists!

The management is amazing with Ohana Beach Rentals, who own many of the units there. Meagan, who assisted me through booking, was exceptional! Communication is key for me, and I really felt appreciated and welcome from the moment I contacted them to even after checkout, when I received a very nice thank you email. Every question or need I had was responded to immediately. That extra touch of actually caring really shines through with them. I will definitely book again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank midnight143
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We just completed another great year at the Diamond Head Beach Hotel. We have gone every February for the last six years and have already signed a lease for 2013. It's location on the Gold Coast is the best. It is close to Waikiki but without the hustle and bustle. At night, with the windows open, it is very quiet. Close by are bus stops, Kapiolani Park, the Elks and several restaurants. It is quite possibly the best location in Honolulu. I highly recommened it.

Room Tip: Get a room or condo as high up as you can for great ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mjay99
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

If you get a chance, stay in Suite 1203. It was so clean and was home away from home. The view from the windows was spectacular with Diamond Head and the ocean on one side and Waikiki, the ocean and a glorious park on the other. So quiet and peaceful. The gals in the office were great to deal with--Cassie and Cyra. They helped in so many ways. We returned home with renewed energy.Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Fircrest, Wa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

As I'm sure many can relate....I was in dire need of a restful, peaceful vacation. I spent almost 2 months at the Diamond Head Beach Hotel and couldn't be more pleased with my choice. The location is perfect, bus stops right in front, access to Diamond Head, numerous Farmer's Markets, lovely beaches, museums, shopping....everything Honolulu has to offer. It is safe, the people are friendly and I hope to return many, many times.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank wearsdeb
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

We have been travelling around the Hawaiian Islands. The Honolulu Suite (rm:1101) at the Diamond Head Beach Hotel was our third self-cater accommodation. The view was great the decorating was nice, but the floor was not clean, there were no dishcloths or dish towels, there was an infestation of ants in the kitchen, the sleeper bed was not made-up, the set of dishes was incomplete and there was no plunger in the bathroom. When I attempted to solve problems all I could get was an answering machine at the Ohana office. I did eventually receive some dish towels and cloths: they were new but not clean I end up having to wash them myself . Overall, very sloppy customer service. Our stay was a very disappointing experience. We won't go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank RHM5555
OhanaBeachRentals, General Manager at Diamond Head Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Aloha RHM5555,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at The Diamond Head Beach Hotel. I sincerely apologize any missteps that may have occurred during your stay and I regret that we were not able to speak in person about the challenges with your suite. Our number one goal is to provide the same wonderful experience for all of our guests that so many others have enjoyed year after year. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time so we can talk further about your experience and discuss how we can improve for in the future. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind regards,