We stayed at this hotel in January 2014. It was very easy check - in and the location to the beach, Zoo, and bus routes were good.
The rooms were not huge by any means but were very comfortable and fairly clean.
One big issue for us was that we booked our vacation as a family together one year in advance...well two of our rooms were together on floor 27 with the third floor being on floor 11... a few days later at our request we were moved to the same floor as the others.
the pool and BBQ areas were good ... one suggestion for the pool is to be there before noon as the sun then gets covered by the building.
Waikiki area to me I expected more as i quite often heard of the beach, sights, and shopping.... i really enjoyed the sights and family time but the rest to me was not up to par with other vacations I have been on... the beach was not that great and was busy, the shopping was expensive, no need for a car (unless sight seeing outside of Waikiki) as parking is almost impossible and very$$$$, Pearl Harbor was my highlight of the vacation.
If i was ever to come back i likely would stay at this hotel again if they can meet my families needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular views of Diamond Head, the blue Pacific, or the Honolulu city lights. Well-suited to families and centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood just over one block from famous Waikiki beach, this resort offers relaxed island-style living in spacious one and two-bedroom suites with complete kitchens and private lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Aston Waikiki Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hotel Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Sunset
- Waikiki Sunset Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hawaii/Honolulu