After a 10 hour overnight flight with no sleep, suffering from a sore throat and a headache, then trying to come to grips with driving on the opposite side of the road, I was very thankful to the lady at reception who found us an available room 3-4 hours before our check-in time. After a shower and a couple of hours sleep in the middle of the day I was all set for a great stay at Waikiki. The Aston Sunset is the perfect place to stay for a young family. It is close to the beach, restaurants and is handy when renting a car as the hotel is conveniently located so that you can drive to any place on the island with ease.The room was very clean, modern and had a good view of the ocean. My wife really loved this hotel as the hotel store was well-stocked and lend beach towels for free which took the hassle out of trying to get our own larger towels dry all the time. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and a 10-15 minute walk to the hub of activity in Waikiki. We found this perfect for us though, as we could walk off the extra calories after dinner and retire for the night in a quiet location. There were renovations being undertaken during our stay but it doesn't affect you at all when you are out and about during the day.
I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. We received a call when we got back to the room one day informing us that the cleaner had noticed that we had left the door of our safe open and that one of the reception staff had come up to our room to lock it for us. We had our passports and a laptop computer in the safe so it was very re-assuring to us to know that we were staying at a hotel with honest and professional staff. We have recommended this place to friends who have booked 3 rooms for this June and we will most definitely be staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular views of Diamond Head, the blue Pacific, or the Honolulu city lights. Well-suited to families and centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood just over one block from famous Waikiki beach, this resort offers relaxed island-style living in spacious one and two-bedroom suites with complete kitchens and private lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Aston Waikiki Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hotel Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Sunset
- Waikiki Sunset Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hawaii/Honolulu