All reviews continental breakfast junior suite koi pond pineapple lewers street small pool free shuttle within walking distance valet parking heart of waikiki short walk to the beach central location beach towels room was large shuttle service the aloha spirit home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and 6 year old. It's a great hotel if you are wanting something really close to shopping and restaurants. The beach was about a 15 minute walk away. The hotel is beautifully decorated with several different plants and it has a really relaxing smoking area with koi fish and turtles. I don't smoke but my daughter enjoyed watching the turles and fish swim. If you are wanting a luxury hotel, this hotel is not for you! The rooms are decent but the restrooms really need to be updated. My family was out most of the day exploring the island so we only slept in the room. If you are really interested in exploring the whole island and getting out of Waikiki beach then I would recommend staying at a hotel in the center of the island. The island isn't huge but traffic made short drives long. The hotel offers valet parking for $40 a day or you can park in a public parking lot right behind the hotel for a small fee(minimal parking spaces). I decided to use the valet service because of the possible high risk car break theft. Located right on front of the hotel was a bike rental station and a ABC store a few steps away. The continental break was better than I expected. There was 2-3 options of fresh cut fruit, toast, bagels, 4 types of cereal, coffee, an assortment of break pastries, and different juices. There was no eggs, sausage, or biscuits but that breakfast was enough to hold you over until lunch. They also have washers($1.75) and dryers($1.50). If you happen to forget you detergent, they do sell some at the front desk. The hotel staff was mostly friendly but Miko was always super helpful and nice. No matter the time of day she always had a smile and a cookie for my daughter. Overall, if I was only staying in Waikiki beach I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Oasis808, Guest Service Supervisor at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Aloha Kathleen9989;

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience at the Aqua Oasis and in particular with Miko.

It is always nice to have inside information on all the places and things to see and do in the islands from a guest. One of the biggest selling points of the property is location and being within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

All of the staff and management hope you took home fond memories of your stay with us and will return to visit us again soon.

With warm aloha

Reviewed May 21, 2019

The staff at the hotel starting with the person handling the valet parking and the receptionist, set the scene for out stay. All of the staff were very helpful. The room was very comfortable and very quiet and clean. Breakfast was very good. The hotel is in need of some refurbishment but it is still in fairly good condition. Most of the hotels in this area charge for valet parking. At the Oasis it is $40 per day.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Oasis808, Guest Services Supervisor at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Aloha Brian M;

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Oasis .

I'm pleased to hear that you were greeted with the true "Aloha Spirit" for which we are known. Both the staff and the property's location are our biggest selling feature.

Me ke Aloha Pumehana,
With Warmest Aloha,

Reviewed May 20, 2019

I stayed here twice on the same trip: one in a jr suite (a surprise upgrade) and second in a regular king bed room. The rooms were both pretty clean and generally basic. The jr suite actually had more issues than the regular room such as: the thicker curtains do not close all the way to the edge, and one of the edges is closest to the head of the bed. I am not sure why this is, but it's irksome if you want privacy or want to sleep in longer when jet-lagged. However, the regular room had normal functioning curtains.

Additionally in the suite, there was fluctuation in the water pressure of the shower. It was short lived but surprising (and again, the regular room was fine). Also while not a big deal to me, there was confusing channel navigation and unreliability when using the TV (I did not try the TV in the regular room).

The AC in both rooms was right above the head of the bed, and even at the lowest setting and at the highest angle, it still felt too strong at times (and this is coming from a person who loves AC.) Bed linens were a slightly scratchy and a little too thin for when the AC is too strong. AC control was a little confusing for what some of the settings meant and some instruction for what those meant (like does the water drop symbol mean? Does it mean it's humidifier? or a dehumidifier? Is it different from the "cool" setting?) would have been nice. Finally there was a lot of street noise in the Jr. suite. I'm not sure why but if there's a rowdy crowd outside or from the karaoke bar, you will hear it, even from the 7th floor.

Check-in was OK but having emailed Aqua corporate about the parking rates, I was quoted $35/day but the check-in form said $39/day. It was fine since on the first stay, I wasn't using a rental car, and reception said that they would make a note of it for my second stay. However, they did not and I was disappointed to bring it up again upon checking-in for the second stay. After much conversation and showing proof of the email, they did honor the quoted price and that was much appreciated even if only to save a few bucks.

It should also be noted that due to Hawaii policy, you can be taxed on parking so those few dollars saved will pretty much cover the tax. Additionally when checking in, you will have to pay a $25 amenities fee (plus tax) per day for amenities (with the exception of Wifi) that you probably won't use (like getting the newspaper?). I wish this was just included in the reservation price so it doesn't feel like you're getting nickel and dimed.

Despite all the quirks and irks, the location was pretty good and it felt safe regardless of locals telling me that Waikiki is kind of sketchy at night. The breakfast didn't appeal to me but it is in close walking distance to a popular udon place whose shortest line is in the morning. By far my favorite things about staying in this hotel were the generous welcome basket of goodies (chocolates, cookies, water, chips!), the washlet toilet and the rice cooker (nice touch even though i didn't cook anything) in the jr. suite, the closable curtains in the regular room, and the coin laundry (super handy when you get unexpectedly muddy while hiking).

I'm not sure I'd stay here again but if I did, I'd consider the requesting a quiet regular room over the junior suite.

Room tip: Tower closest to reception is quieter than the other tower. Jr suite doesn't seem worth it unless you need a kitchen.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Oasis808, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Aloha Nicole N;

Mahalo for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

The amenity fee is a fee that is charged in most all hotels here in Hawaii. The fee includes many items such as, as you mentioned the coffee and tea in room, Breakfast, in room safe, local calls, daily newspaper, coffee and lemon water in the lobby, wi-fi throughout the property, laundry services , shuttle that travels throughout Waikiki, beach towels and chairs, and sun screen

I am sorry you did not have a good experience while staying at the Aqua Oasis .

We will use your feedback in our ongoing effort to grow and improve.

Best Wishes

Reviewed May 17, 2019

This hotel was half a block to the main shopping strip. The room was spacious and had all conveniences except a kettle. My sister and I had king single beds and they were very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and couldn’t be more helpful.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Oasis808, Guest Services Supervisor at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Aloha Mary M

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Oasis .

Me ke Aloha Pumehana,
With Warmest Aloha,

Reviewed May 15, 2019

not nearly as great as other Aqua properties we've stayed with previously. The room appeared to have some cosmetic updates but the carpet was filthy. The bathroom with the strange step in garden tub/shower was in desperate need of some updating. There was a good sized gap around the hotel room door which made for increased noise and light (especially because we were right by the elevator). The front desk staff seemed annoyed by any questions or inquires and when we approached the front desk person we never once heard "how can I help you?" or "what can I help you with?". Getting anything more than a "hi" was like pulling teeth. The "pool" is roughly the size of a hot tub and I don't think I saw anyone in it the entire time we were there. The hanging egg chairs were nice as were the gardens all around the lobby. We had two of the most amazingly helpful valets and enjoyed the coffee and fruit in the morning. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Oasis808, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Aloha

Thank you for sharing your review.

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay and that the rooms wasn't to your taste and satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Your comments will be shared with our leadership team for careful consideration. We are happy to hear that you found our swings enjoyable and our friendly made you feel welcome and taken care of.

Despite the above the staff and management hope you could take home fond memories of your stay in Hawaii and will give us another opportunity to regain your valued patronage.

Mahalo.