“Excellent choice for a beach vacation!”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent choice for a beach vacation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Pros:
- clean and updated room with a coffee maker and small fridge which e definitely made use of.
- checked in at noon even though check in isn't until 3. The room was ready and we were happy!
- directly across the street from the never crowded beach
- walking distance to many shops and restaurants (McDonalds is next door as is an ABC store where you can buy almost anything you need)
- good views of the ocean from the majority of their rooms since the building is a circle!
- strong AC
- clean shower and bathroom with lots of hot water
- delicious breakfast joint downstairs and hotel patrons get 10% off (don't let a long line fool you, it goes rather quickly)

Cons:
- there is a daily amenity fee of $18+tax which gives you wifi, use of the safe, the daily newspaper, use of the dvd service (similar to red box) and maybe a few other minor things I can't remember. It may be picky but I'd prefer to had these things built into the daily cost. We id make use of the safe, the wifi and the dvd service so it wasn't all a loss.
- the room is a bit small but we weren't very concerned since we spent most of our time out of the room
- there is no option for a queen or king bed, just two full beds in each room (not the biggest problem for us though)
- it's such a popular area that it gets congested at night (again, not a big issue for us since we walked most places)

Really, I'm struggling to think of any real cons that would prevent me from staying there again. We stayed for 8 nights and had a great experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a partial ocean view at the very least!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaseyKing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were a group of 5 adults from Canada and Germany, meeting up for a 3 week hawaiian vacation. We wanted an inexpensive, beach hotel in the heart of Waikiki. The circle hotel did not disappoint! The hotel websites pictures and descriptions are bang on. The rooms are basic and compact, but EVERYTHING is just a few steps from this hotel. It was perfect for our 4 nights in Waikiki. A fabulous location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great little hotel right on Waikiki Beach.If going to the beach with ease is your thing then this is the place for you. They have free beach towels that you just throw back into a box in the foyer, they look after your room key at reception. So basically, 2 minute walk across the road to beach without having to take any valuables with you. Really friendly and responsive staff. Next door to ABC shop. Tour and activity desk in foyer. You don't spend much time in your room so don't be worried about 5 star. Take note when booking that a mandatory Amenity Fee is paid when you leave. This was $18 per day which covers Wi-fi, daily paper, safe and tea/coffee.

Room Tip: Front rooms have best view of beach, the higher floor the better. The higher rooms also get you awa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank raels-grant
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nice, Clean rooms in a Great location. I was on top level with the ocean front view. The balcony view is spectacular
only few steps away from the Dukes statue and the hop on and off trolley stop.
ABC store and McDonald's next door is very convenient.
Hotel staff are very friendly and there is a tour booth in the hotel to book tours :)

Would definitely come back again :)

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front Room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jassmine54
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I went to Honolulu with 3 good friends from here in Sydney and Melbourne on a Hawaiian Airlines Friday night flight with he funniest crew ever and met up with another good friend of mine who was arriving from London later that evening. It was nearly 20 years since I had been to Honolulu on a 2 day stopover and everyone I spoke to, had said it had changed a lot and was a very classy and fantastic place for a holiday.

I was celebrating my birthday and decided to stay at this lovely little hotel right over the road from Waikiki Beach which had been recommended to us by another friend who always stays here when she goes to Honolulu.

I had an Ocean Front room 4 levels up because I don't like heights and like to be close enough to see the hussle and bussle of the street below and since I live on a noisy main street here in Sydney, I knew the noise would not bother me in Hawaii. 2 of my friends had a room next to me which was not quite ocean front but still with a great beach view and my other 2 friends had separate rooms on the 10th level with magnificent views over the ocean but way up high from the street level. They both loved their rooms.

We arrived just in time for the Honolulu Festival ,therefore my room was brilliant for a fabulous view of the parade on Kalakaua Avenue and my friends on the 10th level had the best views for the fireworks display on the Saturday night. They were magic,much better than Sydney's NY's Eve fireworks.

The Aston Circle is a gorgeous little place with delightful and very helpful staff, the concierge, Angel ,is exactly that, an extremely helpful, lovely man. There is no restaurant attached to the hotel but you can have breakfast at a café below called 'Eggs and Things'. Mmmmmmm we didn't try it, not to any of our taste buds, but it seemed to be popular. We ate at the utterly fabulous Moana Surfrider and The Royal Hawaiian Hotels.

My room was just heaven for me, very clean and the bathroom has a good hairdryer. I have read some reviews saying that the rooms are small, but we all thought they were perfectly adequate for 2 people, I think some people must travel with all of their belongings and cram their rooms with luggage.

I slept with my balcony door open half way as the weather was divine and I could hear the waves all night long, it was magic. Can't do that in Sydney without the huge cockroaches coming in!! I did have to close the sliding door in the early hours about 6am, because the traffic and general noise did start to build up.

O'ahu is such a beautiful island and next time I will visit the other islands. The people are so helpful and polite, it is a pity we don't get the same level of service here in Sydney where they are much better paid. The pay is not that great in Hawaii and therefore you are expected to tip but it is a pleasure to do so.

There is a side of Honolulu that is not so pleasant when you walk around near the park at Diamond Head in the early hours and see some of the poverty, it is such a shame to see and realise that not everything is as you see on Waikiki Beach.

Having said that, Waikiki Beach is a gorgeous beach to relax and makes for a thoroughly magical holiday. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I made sure I got an Ocean Front Room because I wanted to hear and see the waves and if you don'...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 255060Victoria
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if I've already reviewed our hotel in Waikiki so here we go; it's very central to everything right across from the beach so the location is perfect. It's value for money. It's not 5 star but it was clean. We somehow got an upgrade for free and the room was quite nice and had amazing beach views. Lower levels facing the main road would be noisy. Downstairs is an amazing breakfast place and probably the most popular eatery in Waikiki with line ups all hours of the day. There are hidden fees and charges / tourist taxes etc with this hotel but I think that's the same for all hotels so double check. 1 downside was the lifts - one was broken so we waited quite a while. I'm sure that's fixed now though :)
Good place at a good price..

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dan801
Crookwell, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2014 along with daughter her husband and 2 children. They did not have any floor space to walk around beds as it was congested with luggage, not much space to store anything for 4 people. However we had a room with 2 double beds Nd only the two of us, plenty of space, but unfortunately for us we were on the Honolulu side and all we could hear day and night was the air conditioning unit from the hotel next door. Units on the Diamond Head are not affected by this noise. Staff very helpful, room clean.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends