I originally reserved a "partial ocean view room" and partial is an exaggeration! If you go on to the balcony and look very hard you can see a sliver of water. What you can see is other Aston properties next door and close enough to count freckles on a tourist's nose. :-) I complained to the manager and he had no ocean front available that night but in the morning i was upgraded to ocean front for an additional $30/ night plus tax and fees. While we're on the subject of fees; this property as most on Waikiki charge "activity fees" approximating $17/day. Why they don't include this in their room rate is beyond comprehension.
The hotel is in a great location across from the beach, walking distance to the zoo and easy walking access to shopping and dining in the area. I walked to Diamond Head in about an hour and then climbed to the peak, moderately strenuous and do it early. :-)
The rooms are NY small and bathrooms are even smaller, they're clean and adequate with large screen TV but not HiDef. You do have a coffee maker and cove with a desk which was comfortable for business folks like me. There is also a small fridge to keep liquid refreshments.
Because i was traveling alone and just needed a place to sleep and work, this hotel was satisfactory. If my wife had joined me, an upgrade to 3-4 star hotel would have been my choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu