Just returned back and overall the hotel was nice. Just as the other reviewers said, its located directed across from the beach and in the middle of endless shopping and tasty restaurants. One thing about the beach that I haven't read anyone mention is the issue on homeless individuals hanging out in the area. Don't be alarmed they are harmless for the most part, but it's very unfortunate to see so many of them at night camped out on the beach and sidewalks.
The rooms are newly renovated, but the only issue I had was the shower. The bathroom is a little small but my main issue was that the shower doesn't give you much space to really move around without touching the walls or shower curtain (ewww) because the shower head was too large for the overall shower. My husband is 6'3 and he was cramped. The shower head was so huge that the water would splash on the floor and cause a puddle to lead to the bedroom. I literally had to place towels at the edge of the shower just to keep the water from going everywhere. The overall design of the shower was not thought out properly during renovation. Other than the shower issue..the room was fine. I mentioned the issue to management and they said they would take care of it which I hope they did. I will try to upload the footage we took of the shower. The bed was average. If you need a firm bed then this hotel may not be a good choice because the bed has a soft cushion. The rooms only offer a fridge, no microwave, so don't plan on reheating any food that you may take back to the room. The balcony is really nice anytime of the day you want to catch a cool Hawaiian breeze and NOTE: you will also make new friends from neighboring vacationers from the surrounding hotels who are also hanging out on their balcony's, so you are never really alone out there. The wifi connection is slow especially for the 15 per day service charge. The staff was very attentive and polite. The hotel also offers a 10percent discount for the Eggs n Things Restaurant which is located directly on the property. The food there was okay. If you plan to park your vehicle, there is an additional 15 per day to park and spaces are limited, so plan accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu