We stayed here for a week over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. I did'nt mind the 'drive thru' type lobby style at all although it did make communication a bit difficult. The rooms are smallish but not overly so , and they have all you need ;fridge ,safe , tv ,closet, coffee-maker etc. Any qualms about the room however are completely nullified by the location and view from the balcony. We stayed in room 305 [only the '05' rooms are fully water frontage] and , whilst a little miffed we did'nt get a higher floor as we booked 7 months in advance , virtually ALL our time in the room was spent soaking in the rays and the view.
My only real negatives about the hotel is the daily $10 Vegas style 'resort fee' that is charged that covers things like Playstation , DVD rentals and such - things that are fine for a family but un-used and un-touched by your typical couple - it just seemed like a blatant money grab. Also the shower is tiny and if you don't be precisely careful how you arrange the shower curtain - you will end up water all over the bathroom floor.
If price is a concern yet you still want LOCATION and OCEAN-FRONT views then you will un-likely find any better than the Aston Waikiki Circle and we will almost certainly [barring a lottery win] stay here on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu