Stayed here two nights September 2012 before heading to rental cottage on North Shore. Originally made reservations online but then had to change dates via phone and the customer service guy was very nice. I asked about the difference between Oceanfront and Oceanview, as there was a price difference, and he said Oceanview would be fine-he was right, see the pic. Our rate was $159 per night for Sat and Sunday. There is no room service, and the in house restaurant is Eggs n Things- inexplicable line out the door all the time- I am sorry, but there is no way I am waiting in line for a hour for a $14 omelet or a waffle topped with canned whipped cream unless David Beckham is serving it with his shirt off.
Pluses: Location! Right across the street from the beach for this price is unbeatable. Clean room, decorated nicely. Beautiful view from 805. Coffee maker, old-school safe with key, world's fastest elevator, lanai, mini-frig for half-n-half and snacks, thick walls- did not hear a peep from neighbors or elevator. The usual flatscreen we never turned on.
Minuses: I am ok with there being two double beds, but not with both of them being the softest, most uncomfortable things I have ever slept on. If we had stayed more than two nights I would have had to sleep on the $2.99 water floaty mattress from the ABC store. If you have a bad back, beware. Even my husband, who can sleep anywhere, was hurting. Also, Waikiki is noisy. This is not the fault of the hotel but just be aware that you are in a city and you will hear a lot of street noise until the wee hours when you will finally hear the waves. I mean 3 am. The shower is the tiniest thing I have ever been in. About 2 x 3--maybe. Or 20 inches by 30. Constantly worried about losing safe key. $15 parking in tiniest garage (don't rent the full size sedan!) and $10 amenities fee- for wireless and safe, I guess.
Bottom line- if you are on a budget and have a good strong back, this is the perfect place. But I have to three star it because of the truly awful beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu