“Location, Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We chose this property to wind down after a hectic month of travelling, and for this purpose it was fantastic. The location was the top feature, as the service was pretty much "do it yourself", but adequate. The rooms were clean, and we spent a few hours on the balcony just watching the world go by opposite the beach. Easy walking distance from good eating places and the international market, and the public transport left just across the road. The rate was very good, and we enjoyed our stay there to the point we would return again at our first opportunity.

Room Tip: Pre-book what you want to avoid disappointment - worth paying extra for the ocean view rooms.
2 Thank taumanu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm rather late in writing this review. My granddaughter (18) and I stayed at the Waikiki Circle in June to celebrate her graduation. I chose it because of the reviews in Trip Advisor and also because we were on a fairly tight budget. I will echo all the wonderful things said by other reviewers. The location could not be beat, especially at the price we paid. Yes, it is a little noisy, but what do you expect in the middle of Waikiki? I have been there a few times before, and prefer the slower pace of Maui. But this was a first for my granddaughter, and she loved being in the middle of everything. While the rooms are not spacious, they are very adequate, especially when you don't spend much time there. The staff were friendly and even supplied us with a city bus schedule so we could travel on our own to Pearl Harbor (very easy & cheap!). We also appreciated the availability of beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. Just grab what you need, walk across the street, and there you are at the beach. I have to say that I was not too impressed with the restaurant in the building, Eggs n Things. It took a long time to get a seat and the food wasn't much to write home about. I would rather walk a block to Cheeseburger in Paradise, a much better breakfast. All in all, we had a wonderful time and I would certainly stay at the Waikiki Circle again when in Honolulu.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Rogue47OR
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

A nice hotel, close to everything. The beach is just across the street. Most of the rooms have a beach view. The rooms are not huge, but are clean. There is no breakfast, but there are many options around. We recommend

3 Thank Ricardo057
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed 1 night before a cruise and a couple nights after a cruise. The hotel is in a great location. We could walk to all the shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean and beds were comfortable. The staff were very helpful. Yes--the rooms are small--but the price was lower than most other hotels. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank hrrpeden
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was a weekend getaway for a friends wedding. I was a by myself so my criteria for a good hotel is pretty simple. Has to be clean and must be able to get a good night sleep which means comfortable bed and no noise. I had a partial beach view on the second floor.
As for clean, it was pretty good. The room was pretty nice. Did not find dust or cobwebs. As for getting a good night sleep, for being right on the street of waikiki it was pretty quiet. Every now and then there would be a car that would need to use their horn. More noise was noticed inside the hotel when people would be talking loud passing my room to get to the elevator. So overall for me i gave this a 4 star.
Now some of the nuances of this hotel. It is in a shape of a circle so my room was in a shape of a trapezoid as well as the bathroom. I would say the room would comfortably fit 2-3 people but no more. The bathroom is quite small. My elbows could touch one side to the other side of the wall in the shower when i was washing my hair. There is a balcony in each room it seemed. My room's balcony door did not actually lock. They had it different lock welded on.
There is a $10 amenity fee which it seems most places charge some kind of amenity fee. So what you get with this fee; You have a playstation 2 in your hotel room which you can rent a movie or game to play for free on the first level. The only place you can get ice it at the front desk. You get beach towels at the front desk too. There is also boogie boards, beach mats and inflatable inner tubes at a first come first serve basis to use. They also have a place to store surfboard if you bring in your own, i don't know if they charge for that or not though. You get your own personal internet access which the fee covers. Also coffee maker in your room and newspaper delivered to the front of your door. There is a safe with a key. You get a mini fridge.
There is a charge for parking which is $15 currently. But parking is very limited. I would say they had about 15 parking spots max. They were able to have others park at a partner hotel but it look like it was a few blocks away. I was able to get a spot so i don't know the details.
You also get 10% off if you eat at Eggs n Things. I never ate there but there was always a line for breakfast/lunch, but it is also a pretty small place too.
Overall it was a nice place especially for the price and being right across the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank richpill
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early August for a few nights and thorougly enjoyed our stay. We had an oceanfront room and the view was nothing short of sensational.

We first arrived at the hotel late at night and I have to admit I wondered why I had booked it. The front desk is behind a piece of glass and I first thought I was in the wrong area. Check in was fast and friendly however and we were in our room in no time. The room (and bathroom) is small and the air conditioner noisy but you soon get used to it. I don't know what other reviewers were talking about but we certainly had wi-fi in our room (as will as a wired connection).

When we woke up in the morning and opened the curtains the beautiful unimpeded view of Waikiki beach lay in front of us. It was simply amazing! It more than makes up for the small room. You feel like you are at the beach without having to fight over a piece of sand!

The room is clean and tidy and to be honest is all you need. If you want a big room stay somewhere else but be prepared to pay significantly more if you want a similar view.

Location wise the hotel is directly across the road from the beach, has shops around it and is a short walk from everything in Waikiki. This visit was my 14th time to Hawaii but the first at the Waikiki Circle. It was the best location I have stayed at in Waikiki.

We have no hesitations in recommending the Aston Waikiki Circle and will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Book an Ocean Front room - you will not regret it.
9 Thank Kiwitravellers12
Viking, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Perfect for us. Spent 10 days there in April of this year. Had every thing we needed and more. Quaint & boutique style about the hotel. Amazingly friendly staff. Spotlessly clean. Looking forward to our return although this time we will spend a little more time relaxing instead of running from one fabulous venue to another.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple