“Second stay even better than the first!”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have stayed at the Waikiki Circle before, so we knew basically what to expect. Having said that the rooms have been restored and are lovely and cozy. From the open air lobby to our room, everything was clean and nice looking. Every employee at the Circle was friendly and helpful, especially Guy at the front desk. We have only been home for two weeks and we are already planning our trip back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank deadangr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Rooms are on the small side, but when you are right by the beach who cares. Friendly staff. Clean. Recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Bmiz
Reviewed July 10, 2011

we stayed at the Waikiki Circle for 3 nights, and then another night after flying back from Maui. Check-in process was smooth and easy and the staff super friendly. We were given the keys to our room, even though we were checking in at 11am (and after a 10 hour overnight flight from Sydney, this impressed us hugely!) The room was as it appears on the website, 2 x double beds, small, but totally functional bathroom that looked recently upgraded, and the most AMAZING view of Waikiki beach! We booked an Oceanfront room, and our room on the 13th floor did not disappoint!

Other reviews have criticised the amount of space in the room, but we found it totally manageable. There is a little study/desk area where we kept our bags, and with a perfect location, we didnt spend much time in our room anyway! When we did, we found the room perfectly fine for our needs... The flatscreen TV had enough channels to keep us amused, the balcony (lanai) was great for enjoying an evening drink, or our morning cup of tea (or just admiring the view!)

The ABC Shop right under the hotel was fantastic, we'd buy our breakfast there each day and either sit on our balcony or take it across to the beach.

Highly recommended for couples or friends, not sure how the room configuration or size would work with kids though.

Room Tip: Definitely fork out the (tiny) bit extra for an Oceanfront room, you wont be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MissKT76
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in mid-June and were not disappointed. Newly renovated and well done for moderate/budget older hotel building. Location right across street was the large swimming lagoon on Waikiki Beach and Duke K statue. Restaurants nearby including McDonalds, Starbucks etc.

If you are looking for clean place to sleep while enjoying the beach and sights, this is a great option. We had partial ocean view, 11th floor. 2 adults, rooms are pie shaped because the building is round, but enough room for 2. It would be very small for 4 people. We enjoyed it and always love staying off the beaten track, in something less standard and more local or interesting, authentic. There is paid parking but if we did not rent car. Bus stops out front and around corner and will take you everywhere. Or you can walk everywhere in Waikiki from here.

Would recommend to my family and friends!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view upgrade before paying
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DeBunny
Reviewed July 10, 2011

When we first arrived we were checked in immediately and on the beach within 5 minutes! Our room was right off the elevator on the 5th floor. Prime location for viewing waikiki beach across the street. One whole side of our room was a huge sliding door to our lanai. We could lay in bed and view the ocean. We enjoyed watching the 4th of July parade, people watching, and watching the surfers from our lanai. It's a busy street but not too noisy considering how busy it is. We all slept well on comfortable beds. My husband and I went with our teenagers, 18 and 14, and we were all comfortable although it was small. My recommendation would be to put away all our clothes and stow the empty suitcases in your closet. There is also storage shelves in the closet for clothes. This will provide you with adequate floor space to move around. The bathroom and shower were small but workable for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only minus I would say is that we could hear the wind blow through the halls, and it rattled our door a bit as there are small open spots in the door frame. Once I knew what it was it didn't bother us a bit. We also could hear people's voices echo in the hall when they were on their way to their rooms, but we could not hear anything room to room, nor hear anyone above us. You can book great trips through the travel center right in the building. We enjoyed parasailing, swimming with the dolphins and sea turtles catamaran trip, circle island tour (nearly every popular site), and Germaine's Luau (Georgie was a riot!)....lots to see and do on foot and through the tours. You don't even need a rental car. The hotel has computers in the lobby with free check in for your flights, you do pay 50 cents per page to print out your passes however (by credit card), but very convenient. They called our cab for us and we had a ride within 10 minutes of calling. I highly recommend staying here at the Aston Waikiki Circle! I cried when we had to leave, the view and our stay was that beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ValleyShell
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We upgraded to the ocean view room, which is a great idea. This hotel sits across the street from the ocean and you can see the Duke's statue from the lanais. It's very convenient. On the minus side, this hotel is older and the rooms are very small. It's a basic room and the bed was not that comfortable (too soft for my taste). But the staff was very freindly. If you need a beach chair or mat or beach toys, they have a box outside in the parking lot where you can leave anything you purchase for the next guest, or you can borrow anything left behind by previous guests. This was great as we were able to borrow beach mats, chairs, etc. several times. They had free coffee in the lobby in the mornings (none in the rooms). If you are interested in an inexpensive hotel on the beach and don't need any frills, then this is a great location and a good value. Older, but well-managed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the ocean view room!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MsCJSeattle
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Check-in was quick and painless, and upon riding the elevator up, I was immediately impressed by the view from my balcony on the 12th floor overlooking Waikiki Beach! While I agree with other reviewers that the room is fairly small and the bathroom borderline tiny, as a solo traveler, I was not bothered by this as most of my time was spent away from the hotel exploring the island. When I was in the room, I was able to gaze upon the beautiful sunsets on Waikiki without being among throngs of people on Kalakaua Ave below. I don't think you'll find a better oceanfront value on Waikiki. The room was clean and my only complaint is that the bottom of the shower curtain was a bit mildewy (I'm sure it's hard to prevent that with the overall size of the shower and lack of ventilation), but overall, the housekeeping service was great. I especially appreciated the late 2pm check-out at no additional cost since my flight wasn't until later in the evening. Hotel is within walking distance of the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, International Marketplace, and anything on Kalakaua Ave. Bus stop is conveniently only one block away on Kuhio Ave. The only thing that will make this hotel even better is the opening of Eggs 'n Things in the Fall.... I will definitely return to this hotel in the future!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get an oceanfront room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo