“Great Location, renovated and affordable!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Location, renovated and affordable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in mid-June and were not disappointed. Newly renovated and well done for moderate/budget older hotel building. Location right across street was the large swimming lagoon on Waikiki Beach and Duke K statue. Restaurants nearby including McDonalds, Starbucks etc.

If you are looking for clean place to sleep while enjoying the beach and sights, this is a great option. We had partial ocean view, 11th floor. 2 adults, rooms are pie shaped because the building is round, but enough room for 2. It would be very small for 4 people. We enjoyed it and always love staying off the beaten track, in something less standard and more local or interesting, authentic. There is paid parking but if we did not rent car. Bus stops out front and around corner and will take you everywhere. Or you can walk everywhere in Waikiki from here.

Would recommend to my family and friends!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view upgrade before paying
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeBunny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canby, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

When we first arrived we were checked in immediately and on the beach within 5 minutes! Our room was right off the elevator on the 5th floor. Prime location for viewing waikiki beach across the street. One whole side of our room was a huge sliding door to our lanai. We could lay in bed and view the ocean. We enjoyed watching the 4th of July parade, people watching, and watching the surfers from our lanai. It's a busy street but not too noisy considering how busy it is. We all slept well on comfortable beds. My husband and I went with our teenagers, 18 and 14, and we were all comfortable although it was small. My recommendation would be to put away all our clothes and stow the empty suitcases in your closet. There is also storage shelves in the closet for clothes. This will provide you with adequate floor space to move around. The bathroom and shower were small but workable for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only minus I would say is that we could hear the wind blow through the halls, and it rattled our door a bit as there are small open spots in the door frame. Once I knew what it was it didn't bother us a bit. We also could hear people's voices echo in the hall when they were on their way to their rooms, but we could not hear anything room to room, nor hear anyone above us. You can book great trips through the travel center right in the building. We enjoyed parasailing, swimming with the dolphins and sea turtles catamaran trip, circle island tour (nearly every popular site), and Germaine's Luau (Georgie was a riot!)....lots to see and do on foot and through the tours. You don't even need a rental car. The hotel has computers in the lobby with free check in for your flights, you do pay 50 cents per page to print out your passes however (by credit card), but very convenient. They called our cab for us and we had a ride within 10 minutes of calling. I highly recommend staying here at the Aston Waikiki Circle! I cried when we had to leave, the view and our stay was that beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ValleyShell
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We upgraded to the ocean view room, which is a great idea. This hotel sits across the street from the ocean and you can see the Duke's statue from the lanais. It's very convenient. On the minus side, this hotel is older and the rooms are very small. It's a basic room and the bed was not that comfortable (too soft for my taste). But the staff was very freindly. If you need a beach chair or mat or beach toys, they have a box outside in the parking lot where you can leave anything you purchase for the next guest, or you can borrow anything left behind by previous guests. This was great as we were able to borrow beach mats, chairs, etc. several times. They had free coffee in the lobby in the mornings (none in the rooms). If you are interested in an inexpensive hotel on the beach and don't need any frills, then this is a great location and a good value. Older, but well-managed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the ocean view room!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MsCJSeattle
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Check-in was quick and painless, and upon riding the elevator up, I was immediately impressed by the view from my balcony on the 12th floor overlooking Waikiki Beach! While I agree with other reviewers that the room is fairly small and the bathroom borderline tiny, as a solo traveler, I was not bothered by this as most of my time was spent away from the hotel exploring the island. When I was in the room, I was able to gaze upon the beautiful sunsets on Waikiki without being among throngs of people on Kalakaua Ave below. I don't think you'll find a better oceanfront value on Waikiki. The room was clean and my only complaint is that the bottom of the shower curtain was a bit mildewy (I'm sure it's hard to prevent that with the overall size of the shower and lack of ventilation), but overall, the housekeeping service was great. I especially appreciated the late 2pm check-out at no additional cost since my flight wasn't until later in the evening. Hotel is within walking distance of the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, International Marketplace, and anything on Kalakaua Ave. Bus stop is conveniently only one block away on Kuhio Ave. The only thing that will make this hotel even better is the opening of Eggs 'n Things in the Fall.... I will definitely return to this hotel in the future!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get an oceanfront room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank microgin
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I recently stayed at the Waikik Circle Hotel whilst on "stress" leave.
Although I am a Travel Agent in Australia who has been in the Industry for 40ys my report is not sponsored in any way. I paid the full rack rate.I have booked many clients at this hotel - all giving good reports and returning guests. Firstly if you are looking for the best location across the road from the largest swimming lagoon in Waikiki this is it. The hotel although listed as a budget property should not in any way put you off from giving it a go. Don't judge a book by it's cover this really is the best value for the best location in Waikiki
All rooms have been recently upgrades, they are light and airy with two large queen side beds, flat screen T.V fridge along with a safe at an additonal minimum fee. The ocean front and ocean view rooms simply are stunning with lower graded rooms providing sea views with exception of the city view room which is same quality/facilities but very limited view so if on a tight budget and the view not important then this also for you. I would however pay a little more for the view over the beach and ocean.
The shower although not large is fully tiles with good water flow and plenty of hot water with all modern features. Fresh good quality towels provided daily with beach towels on request.There is tea and coffee provided each morning.The staff both front office and house maids extremely polite and friendly.
Overall this is a must try hotel and if considering and you know you are not booking a "Sheraton" then I am sure you will not be disappointed. This is true value for money for those who want location, cleanliness,friendliness without all the expensive frills.

Room Tip: Try to pay a liitle more for an ocean view room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank minka016
Roy, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

We decided to stay at the Aston Waikiki Circle because of the good reviews. We were NOT disappointed!! It is in the middle of EVERYTHING!! The beach is right across the street. The rooms are small but remodeled and very clean. The hotel employees are very friendly and helpful. They are opening an Eggs and Things restaurant on the property soon. They have the BEST pancakes in the world! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank steelers8888
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Newly renovated and awesome. Love the color theme. Rooms where very clean. Yes, they are small but for just 2 best friends, sleeping in separate beds it was perfect. Ooh the shower is tiny!! We had a city view and the winds get pretty strong back there, but you don't have the afternoon heat beating your sliding glass door either. We felt very safe anytime of day or night. Just a quick walk across the street to the beach!

Free towels to use at the beach AND boogie boards and floating rings.

We didn't have a car but noticed towards the end of the week there was a sign on the front desk stating that parking was full and to ask about another lot to use.

McDonalds just 2 stores over, must have the spam and eggs and rice breakfast!

Only bummer was that Eggs & Things wasn't open yet! :)

Room Tip: Rooms on east side- loud music @ night next door.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends