Pros - hop skip and a jump and you're at Waikiki beach. Next door to abc convenience store, close to restaurants, bars and high end shopping. Ocean views above 8th floor are great (as banyan tree on beach must block lower views). Rooms are clean and cleaned daily and towels replaced. Complimentary beach towels and beach mats provided at reception. Free wifi in lobby and reception area. Staff are all friendly and helpful like Larissa and Lave, but Kamaki was outstanding and went the extra mile to arrange an upgrade and remedy our tour issues. Dated but classy decor, lots of mirror area. Showers have good pressure.
Cons - No hotel restaurant (so no meals or brekkie to choose) no bar, no fitness centre which was important for us, no pool. If you don't have an ocean view you may be looking at the blank wall of the hotel behind. Rooms are quite small 17 sq m, and not suitable for kids, no shelving in bathroom to lay out your toiletries. Hotel is difficult to find as the frontage consists of double door entrance on the street. $5 per night for wifi in your room but mostly struggled to get connected. Some rooms spare wall sockets don't work so inconvenience of unplugging your alarm clock or lamp to charge your devices. Air conditioning is noisy. Elevator has room for only 4-5 people. Name is too similar to Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel which is a block away (and has all the extras), so some people may be looking at the wrong website pictures (eg. pool, bar restaurant, fitness centre) and the wrong trip advisor comments and get surprised when they arrive. No kitchenette or microwave to get groceries and make home made dinners (does have bar fridge). No room to have home made dinners, apart from 2 chairs and small table on balcony.
Not a place for families, but ideal for couples or singles who just need a clean, quiet, place to sleep and are prepared to eat out or bring brekie/lunch/dinner packs from abc store or fast food back to eat on balcony and visit the gym a block away, and the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel's restaurant bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel offers value accommodations in a prime location, directly across from world-famous Waikiki Beach. You'll be right in the heart of Hawaii's premier beach city at an incredible value. Onsite amenities include FREE WiFi, an activities desk, and a serene patio for lounging. Valet parking is available for $25 per day. With a convenient location and affordable accommodations, Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel is a gem on the Waikiki beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Beachside Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Hotel Aqua Waikiki Beachside
- Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu