I thought being an Aston hotel, quality should be guaranteed. To my surprise, this is certainly not the case.
I booked a standard interior room, being interior, I don't expect ocean view, but I don't expect a storeroom either. The room has no window at all, I suspect they converted the storeroom into a guest room just to earn more money. The room is humid, I mean humid! The air conditioner was operating at full capacity when we got there, it feels like a fridge when we arrive. We turn it down before we went out for a walk. When we get back to the hotel room, the floor is completely wet (just because we turn down the air conditioning)!
We need to have to air conditioning running at full capacity at all time to deal with the humidity. We complained to the reception lady, she asked us to pay extra to upgrade to another room (but they don't have any)!
Another thing I don't like about the room is that the door is just a wooden frame with a series of slip on frosted glass in the middle. So, to be clear, you do not need a key to get in! All you need to do is to slip the glasses down, then you can break into the room! I did not feel comfortable leaving any valuables in the room, so we ended up carrying almost everything when we go out.
We didnt sleep well that night, as it was so cold due to the air conditioning.
Well, all I want is a "normal" room with comfortable bed. I don't think this is a big ask, especially when you are staying with aston. Lucky that I only stayed 1 night, but this was my last night at Hawaii before flying back home, so my first trip to Hawaii didn't end perfectly.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is right at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel offers value accommodations in a prime location, directly across from world-famous Waikiki Beach. You'll be right in the heart of Hawaii's premier beach city at an incredible value. Onsite amenities include FREE WiFi, an activities desk, and a serene patio for lounging. Valet parking is available for $25 per day. With a convenient location and affordable accommodations, Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel is a gem on the Waikiki beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Beachside Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Hotel Aqua Waikiki Beachside
- Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu