BEWARE of review writers! Take negative comments with a pinch of salt. We got spooked by some of the comments on this hotel. This is NOT the 4 Seasons, It is a lovely hotel with super friendly staff at a decent price. If you want to be pandered, pay an extra $100 a night.
Check in smooth. Rooms and decor nice. Missing a coffee maker, but starbucks is right there. Location on beach is great. Beach is protected from waves right in front, or open just to the left. The hotel elevators are programmed for speedy delivery to your floor - it works, but needs a long lesson and practice to figure it out.
Parking valets are wonderful, but the $27/night plus tax is too much. I spent more on parking than the car rental!!!! This was the single biggest disappointment.
I read a few comments about the 'free' breakfast. If you stay at the budget suite hotels you will be happy. We were. OK selection of pastries, cereal, fruit, and bread with juices, milk and tea/coffee. Omelette and waffle for a price. Wonderful little bag to take for breakfast oin the beach, but very few actually did. We enjoyed it. Drawback is that because it is by the pool it closes promptly at 0830. The pool opens at 0930.
I also read a comment about the noisy bar band!! Everyone - please note bars are noisy. Seaside resorts tend to have a lot! It will be a lot quiter in land with no sea view!!
DO SNORKEL off the beach (rent from snorkel Bob a few blocks away for the week).. We went to the famous Hanauma Bay, and saw just as many fish right off the beach at the hotel.
PS we realized too late - enjoy hawaii's weather open the balcony door. The a/c automatically turns off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu