I have been to Waikiki several times on business and have found the entire place very overpriced. We found a reasonable (for Waikiki) rate at the Aston and decided to stay for five nights.
The good.....I liked the location of the property. It is directly across the street from a mellow beach with a protected swimming area. Great for small children or early morning lap swimmers. This hotel is at the end of the madness on Kalakaua Ave. (main beachfront street in Waikiki) I liked taking my morning run past the park, towards Diamond Head without having having to weave through crowds of people.
The not so good.....Very unimpressed with the condition of the room. Stains on the ceilings, spots on the walls, beat up tiles and doors in the bathroom, and old fixtures did not lend itself to feeling as if the room was clean. The mildew smell in the bathroom from the lack ventilation was very unappealing. The pillows were flat. I could live with a small room if the space was utilized better however I found the bathroom did not have adequate counter space. The room itself was NOISY! We were on the 19th floor, facing the ocean. Every morning, on top of the street noise there was a man crooning Hawaiian tunes and a crowd of people clapping away. Forget sleeping past 7:30. At night you could hear people whooping it up at the bar. Sorry if I sound grumpy but I haven't slept well in five days.
The continental breakfast was average but swarms of pushy people was a turn off. You can pay too much for cooked eggs if you so desire. The take away cooler was nice but we didn't use it for breakfast on the beach. There is a Starbucks around the corner if you prefer better coffee and oatmeal or an egg sandwich. Just past Starbucks is another little place that makes wraps and other healthier options.
Overall, I would not choose to stay here again. I really liked being on the end of Waikiki so I would stay in the neighborhood. We are longtime Hyatt and Marriott patrons. The Hyatt Place is one block away and Marriott next door. I would have much preferred one of those properties if we were not traveling on a work budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu