Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Hotel Renew(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
Ewa Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
4,096 results
All reviewscooler bagacross the streetyogurttiki restaurantwolfgang puck expresswaikiki beachocean frontfree breakfastdiamond headpartial ocean viewfloor numberevery morninghonolulu zoohomeless peopleroom keypool deckoceanfront room
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great location...across the street from Waikiki beach but at the end of the strip away from the riff raff. Rooms were clean . Our room had an AC that was a bit noisy. After reporting it to the front desk they quickly changed our room. Had someone move all of our luggage and gave us an ocean front room with an amazing view.
The staff here really is the best. Janine who worked in guest services was the best. 4 hours before my wedding I discovered that FTD was not able to provide me with the wedding bouquet that I ordered. Janine took care of it and had a beautiful bouquet delivered to me just in time. She really went out of her way for me and I was so grateful. The entire staff is very kind and you could feel the Aloha spirit.
The morning breakfast buffet and entertainment was excellent as well.
The price was great and I would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherihuang
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Aloha, we’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to learn that our staff was able to help you have a lovely Hawaiian vacation, even when it got a bit stressful before the wedding ceremony. I’m sure the flower bouquet was absolutely beautiful! Extending our Aloha spirit to our guests is what we enjoy doing every day. Thank you for the thoughtful review, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place was like a cheap youth hostel. I was so disappointed, you never know what you're going to get when going to a new place and booking it on the Internet. This was pretty bad. The room was ugly and very dated. It is in the middle of the action but still felt poor and like I was a sheep in a herd. The breakfast was awful. Again, people with little complimentary coolers lined up like cattle at a feeding trough to fill their faces and coolers with cheap yogurt and breads. There were too many people lined up at the trough and nowhere to sit once holding your plastic plate and cup. Cheesy Hawaiian performers sang to a disinterested crowd sitting around a microscopic pool surrounded by concrete rooms and half dressed teenagers. All the fat ugly tourists gorging on banana bread made me physically sick. If you have $20 more to spend, go stay at a nice place, not here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Aloha, I can assure you that our hotel is far nicer than a budget hostel. The primary difference between a Hotel and a hostel is sleeping arrangement. In hotels guests do not have to share their room with other travelers. Also, the reason that many of our guests walk around in a swimsuit is because this is Hawaii. We are located directly across the street from Waikiki beach, it’s sunny and hot. We’re sorry you didn’t appreciate our hotel or amenities. We sincerely hope you had a lovely time in Hawaii, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago (Aug 2011) and really enjoyed our stay, so when we planned our return trip, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel was the only place we wanted to stay. The staff is always friendly and helpful, so this was not an issue. Our flight arrived early, but we we were able to leave our bags and go explore; we were able to check-in about an hour early. The first problem was our room- a king bed room had been reserved but we were given a room w/two full beds and it was also a handicap accessible room which we didn't need. There was no bathroom counter to speak of. The staff was friendly, but we were advised that we couldn't get another room until the next day. So we had to be out by 12:00 pm, check-in our luggage downstairs, re-check in at 3pm, lug our bags back up and try to get settled in again. The room had a nice view of Diamond Head and the beach, but the bathroom was kind of gross- not as clean as it could have been and the tiles were broken. Overall, a very shabby bathroom. The room was comfortable for the rest of the week, but during this time a very large group of teenagers on a school trip checked in and proceeded to disrupt the whole floor (9th). They were drinking and partying in the hallway and slamming doors every couple of minutes or so. This went on for approx 5-6 hrs, late into the night. I called the front desk 3 times and was assured it would be taken care of, but it wasn't. I even had the privilege of listening to a very angry Australian woman (another guest) finally lose her temper with these very inconsiderate young people. I really feel like the hotel dropped the ball; security came up several times but never got things under control. The hotel did offer us another room on another floor (the next day), but I did not want to go through the whole check-in/check-out, get settled in thing again. Why should I have to? The morning breakfast was nice, not the best food, but nice atmosphere with the ukelele, singing, and hula dancing. And the bar is nice to relax and have a drink. Overall, it was not a horrible experience, but it wasn't as positive as our first experience. I'm not sure I'd stay again... I'd have to really think about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LisaC1968
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Aloha Lisa,
I am familiar with the situation you described, and sorry that it affected you. We now have a better idea of how to prevent this from happening again. It is difficult confronting these situations, but necessary if our guests’ are bothered. If you will consider staying with us a third time, please feel free to contact me. We’d like another chance, and I’d be happy to do what I can.
Thanks again Lisa.

-Rebecca

Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading some of the reviews here, I was worried about making a reservation for my husband and I for an overnight in Honolulu before an early flight to the Big Island. This was my first trip to Hawaii so I sprung for an ocean view. The room (king size bed) was spacious for two people and nicely decorated. The hotel staff members were quite helpful starting with someone who gave directions when we got off the shuttle. After a short wait at check-in, someone else assisted us with directions on how to use the keycard operated elevator. The view was absolutely amazing. The location was convenient to lots of hotels and shops. Some reviewers commented on poor air conditioning--we could have refrigerated our room. We left the next morning at 3:30am and the desk staff was helpful and cheerful (with coffee) when we checked out. If I have an opportunity to visit Honolulu again, I will definitely consider this hotel when we return if we want to be on Waikiki. It is not the newest hotel on the block and some of the fixtures are dated, but the floor where our room was happened to be clean and inviting. Our bathroom was spotless (albeit with older tile and fixtures).

Reviewers have commented on the $18 resort amenity fee. The hotel website was clear and upfront about this charge. I do quite a bit of traveling and while I don't like these extra charges, it is not unusual to pay extra fees in resort areas, even in places much less exotic than Waikiki.

I recommend the Aston Waikiki Beach very highly.

Room Tip: Spring for a high floor ocean view--so worth it!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hemathtchr
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Aloha, and thank you for recommending our hotel. We hope you had a fabulous time in Hawaii. We’re glad that you enjoyed our hotel, service, and accommodations. We do our best to keep each of our guests happy and comfortable.We appreciate your choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the future if your travel plans include Waikiki. Feel free to contact me next time you would like to make a reservation, as I'd be happy to help find another room that meets your needs.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel was well located, just a road width from the beach. However it is showing its age. It was ok, probably best suited to kids and family holidays.

Included breakfast was a little too much on the muffin and pastry side.

The $US18 / day resort tax is a killer. But this applies to all hotels in Hawaii

Room Tip: Partial ocean are good as you can see the surf conditions without paying a lot for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Never considered us the new Surfer’s Paradise, but I can see it now! Waikiki and Oahu’s south facing shores get fantastic waves during summer months which surfers from all over the world appreciate. Most of our rooms provide enough ocean view to scope out the surfing conditions, and we’ll store your boards for you, too. Thank you for the review.