Our recent stay at the hotel truly helped make our vacation excellent. The hotel is in an excellent location; across the street is the beach, walk west on Kalakua Avenue you have all the activity & shopping and walk east you have the quiet of the park with the Zoo, Aquarium and band shell.
The rooms are superb. The view from our lanai was outstanding. Rooms are clean and have plenty of room. The bathrooms are also very clean and well maintained. The king bed was exceedingly comfortable. The sheets must have a very high thread count as they are so soft, and are excellent for cleaning eyeglasses ;-). Some reviewers have a problem with the “dated décor.” The décor is not highly polished and glitzy, it is colourful with floral themes, very fitting for Hawaii. Most of the properties we have seen have rather similar décor even the newer properties.
We felt that we received excellent value for our dollar. The resort fee covers a lot of value features. We really like the breakfast, filling our bags and enjoying it on our lanai. The music and hula dancer at the breakfast is truly first rate and truly Hawaiian. We didn’t use some of the things covered by the resort fee, but that’s the real world, other people do use them.
The staff at this hotel is excellent. Every staff member we encountered on our stay performed their role with skill and a very friendly manner. Front desk, hospitality, pool, housekeeping, engineering and security personnel made our stay comfortable and pleasant. Observing the challenges the staff encounter every day and the positive manner with which they handle them is truly amazing.
At the hotel, Tiki’s Grill and Bar is fantastic. The dining lounge cuisine is superb and the service is A1. Our meals were very well executed and the flavour was spot on. Try the butterfish or mahi mahi. The bar is also a very welcoming and relaxing place to spend time overlooking the beach. The service and drink selection are top notch. The bar menu is first rate (coconut shrimp & prime poke, yum yum). Entertainment is also exceptionally good, Vaihi rules. Wolfgang Puck’s Express, Subway, and Cold Stone Ice Cream are several nibbles spots on the street front of the hotel.
The three times we have stayed have continued to reinforce that the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is definitely our hotel of choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu