We booked an ocean view room and that is what we got, a good view of the ocean, but our balcony was on the same level as the roof of the shops and restaurants below, meaning that it would be quite easy to access the room via the balcony door as the lock was not that secure. We made sure to take precautions that our items were in the safe or on our person when we went out.
As I had a deal from expedia, the resort fees were included as was the breakfast on the beach - what a joke! The breakfast was awful, there were tiny muffins and mini bagels thrown in baskets and all the guests pawed over the items, the coffee was weak (dish water), cereal was pre packed with sugar, don't even think about the "fresh fruit". We gave up and went down the street to a coffee house.
Dinner at the Tiki Restaurant in the hotel was good and the food tasted really fresh. It is expensive but then so is everything on Hawaii. Good authentic flavours.
The room was small and of average grade for the age of the hotel, it could definately do with a bit of a refurb, especially the coridors which seemed dimly lit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu