Location is great and the views from the oceanfront rooms are perfect. We stayed on the 10th floor and we had wonderful unobstructed ocean views. The Lanai is very small, the bathroom is a 2 star at best, the decor is typical Hawaiian but the carpet in the rooms needs to be changed. The beds were very comfortable but we would not stay here again as we appreciate a higher standard. Due to a surprise Christmas present we booked this room with a couple hours of research and so we didn't have much time to look around. If you're on a budget and you don't really care about the room but still want something clean with a great view you will not be disappointed. The breakfast on the beach promo is NOT worth booking the room for if you're thinking of the cost saving on breakfast. If you like kiwi yogurt, heavy stale pastries, sugary cereals, and melons...then it's ok but if you want something healthy you'll end up buying breakfast anyways. We did not try the pool, we are ocean people. We did eat one night at the hotel restaurant, Tiki's bar and grill I think it's called. The food was good but not great, the service was good.
Just a side note the hotel left a baby crib in our room the entire week...used it as storage space I believe...the youngest in our room was 18 years old. Also we booked online and were told there would be a welcome "gift" in our room...the only surprise was the crib. We would not recommend.
The Royal Hawaiian Village hotel looked good as did the Hyatt and I believe they were similarly priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu